joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-12 2016 Cold and Possibly Snowy

tnweathernut

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the snow from Middle TN has finally spilled out into the valley. It is now snowing in Chattanooga, Cleveland, and is knocking on Knoxville's door. We can only hope it can hold together.

We'll see how long it takes to moisten up this air.

Currently 40 degrees with a dewpoint of 22.

Great pics, looks like the models showing 1-2 inches for that area look to be spot on, if not underdone, as there appears to be decent returns upstream still.

We're definitely over performing with this one. I just measured 2 inches and yesterday totals were expected to be .5-1 inch tops for the whole event. We could very well end up with 3 when this is all said and done.

We're definitely over performing with this one. I just measured 2 inches and yesterday totals were expected to be .5-1 inch tops for the whole event. We could very well end up with 3 when this is all said and done.

Congrats!  White House is the place to be this year for snow!

Yeah, looks like void areas are filli

Finally getting some very light flakage here at 39 degrees.

n

Finally getting some very light flakage here at 39 degrees.

g in.I.m.o., Loss of convection would allow for some of that as precip would tend to become more fanned out and stratiform in nature. BTW Stove, my nephew lives in west Knoxville.

Congrats! White House is the place to be this year for snow!

Yes this winter has been good to us up here. As of now we've had about 16 inches total on the year so I'm hoping for one more good snow to maybe top 20 inches for the first time since I moved here in 2006. It's funny cause we've had so many misses over the years but when it's your time I guess it's your time to get the white stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steadier snow falling outside now. Would call it moderate snow. Rooftops in the neighborhood and picnic tables are beginning to whiten up a little bit. Temp is 33 here at the house and would imagine it will soon be at 32 if the snow continues. There is not much wind in this, so it is really pretty falling in the light

Other than the one Wednesday storm, it's just not been a good winter for the Eastern valley.

It's been pretty good from about Morristown N and E. My house is just a few miles from the Greene/Hamblen Co. line, with decent elevation for this area. I'm right at 1450ft. I know we had 4.5in on 1-20. Then had 4 more between Fri and Sat.1-22 and 23. Just down the road from me though, the amounts started dropping off, and even on the west side of town, amounts were less on the 2nd event. We got under an intense band here that unloaded on Saturday morning for several hours and produced about 3in of snow. Just up the road from me, snow increased even more on the weekend event bc of Fri AM. I know places around TRI picked up 7-8in just Fri AM.

So, yeah it's been kinda a NE and N central TN winter so far, with lesser amounts elsewhere. Maybe we can see more of the state get closer to their averages here with the remainder of what time we have left this winter. Hope so!

I may be wrong, but I think there is some graupel falling in North Knoxville.

I had a round of grauple earlier too at 38 degrees, now down 33 with flurries.  The better precip keeps splitting me.  I was hoping for a stout enough dusting to close schools tomorrow but now I'll be surprised if anything affects the roads.

Archived