• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-12 2016 Cold and Possibly Snowy

tnweathernut

I looked out again, and the grass is white. I was kinda surprised actually. Measured 1/3in on the glass picnic table. Temp is right at 32. The concrete patio is just wet right now, as is the driveway and the roads, but I imagine it will be very icy in the morning.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a round of grauple earlier too at 38 degrees, now down 33 with flurries.  The better precip keeps splitting me.  I was hoping for a stout enough dusting to close schools tomorrow but now I'll be surprised if anything affects the roads.

This is what has happened to us so far,we keep getting split or when it gets to us fizzles out,annoying.Hoping this next band makes it to us

Models did a good job handling the initial direction of the band by keying in on some heavier accumulations on the central and southern plateau. The nice bands in Middle Tennessee are probably giving some decent accums to Cumberland County and points south on the Plateau. It looks like I am currently too far north for much snow overnight, unless there's some filling in well upstream.

Kingsport is getting a good little band set up. I'm on the outskirts of it by radar and it is still coming down at a decent rate with big fat flakes. Anybody in Kingsport underneath that band?

I'm up to an inch now.

Report from a friend in Kingsport about 15 minutes ago saying visibility was very low and it was snowing hard. Had a good band move through my area. Streets are covered and untreated in the Church Hill area. Driving would not be fun at the moment...

All local schools are closed and ETSU is on a delay. Whatever moisture was on the road last night will be a nice base of ice now...

woke up with nothing on the ground and little dry flurries.  For the last hour I've had larger fluffy flakes and now a good dusting.  Think that fetch of moisture streaking SE is also very slowly rotating eastward and will get all the rest of East TN.  Also in typical fashion of snow have to be careful of radar returns, I have no returns on radar over me but its snowing at a good pace.

woke up with nothing on the ground and little dry flurries.  For the last hour I've had larger fluffy flakes and now a good dusting.  Think that fetch of moisture streaking SE is also very slowly rotating eastward and will get all the rest of East TN.  Also in typical fashion of snow have to be careful of radar returns, I have no returns on radar over me but its snowing at a good pace.

Good to hear.  I did notice the fetch of moisture you mention does seem to be slowly rotating our way out of middle TN.  Hopefully, we'll all catch some decent flakeage this afternoon from it. 

MRX:

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MORRISTOWN TN
1029 AM EST TUE FEB 9 2016

.DISCUSSION...
LONG BAND OF MODERATE SNOWS EXTEND FROM MID TN TO N AL AND SE TN AS
WELL AS NW GA. LOOKS LIKE THIS AREA OF SNOW WILL STAY OVER THE
REGION FOR A WHILE...SO AM BUMPING UP THE SNOW AMOUNTS IN THE KCHA
AREA AS WELL AS THE SOUTHERN PLATEAU. ALSO WILL EXTEND THE
EXPIRATION OF THE ADVISORY TO 7AM ET...TO MATCH THE EXPIRATION TIME
OF OUR COUNTIES TO THE NORTH AS WELL AS OUR SOUTHERN PLATEAU AREA.

REST OF FORECAST LOOKS ON TRACK.

Archived