joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1-20-16 Winter Storm

1234snow

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice fat flakes coming down at a good clip in Kingston right now. Sleet was mixing in earlier, but it seems to be all snow now. There is about 1/2 inch on the ground and temps holding steady at 25. The road in front of my house is snow-covered, even the one lane that they brined yesterday. :)

Nice fat flakes coming down at a good clip in Kingston right now. Sleet was mixing in earlier, but it seems to be all snow now. There is about 1/2 inch on the ground and temps holding steady at 25. The road in front of my house is snow-covered, even the one lane that they brined yesterday. :)

Good to hear LadyJ, I hope you guys stay as snow!  Overcast here, waiting on the main band.

Those big flakes are in West Knoxville now.

Just ripping in west Knoxville.  Spots on the road that cleared from traffic earlier got insta-covered once the fatties started dropping.  If we can keep this up we will get some nice accums.  Hopefully no "tappering off" anytime soon!

I'm tappering up ATM...  Coming down at a good clip here. So glad to have switched over to snow and no more sleet...

The micro climates of east TN are fascinating in the winter. I'm at 24.4 about 6 miles east northeast of Sevierville.  I've had heavy sleet with snow mixture for the last hour, and now just switched to heavy snow.  While to my south in Pigeon Forge, a friend called and said they were having freezing rain. 

At this point...just glad to be missing the rain and back to snow.  :thumbsup:

Quick edit...snow really pouring now about 10 minutes before noon.  Temp holding at 24 here.  It's a winter wonder land.  :)

Archived