joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1-20-16 Winter Storm

1234snow

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z gfs was considerably colder here and likely is showing an all snow event. It also kept us at or below freezing all day tomorrow. At this point it is an outlier though, and I am expecting very little snow here. I am very worried that even a tiny amount of freezing rain will cause huge problems because everything is frozen solid right now. Haven't been above freezing since Sunday afternoon.

18z gfs was considerably colder here and likely is showing an all snow event. It also kept us at or below freezing all day tomorrow. At this point it is an outlier though, and I am expecting very little snow here. I am very worried that even a tiny amount of freezing rain will cause huge problems because everything is frozen solid right now. Haven't been above freezing since Sunday afternoon.

Last frame of the 02z HRRR has y'all in a mess:

m7I79CJ.gif

Good luck, looks like most 0z modeling is further south with the frozen stuff. Nice last minute trend...

Started as snow here but the majority has been sleet - hopefully will have better luck with the Friday system - dont want a repeat of last Feb where we got 2 1'2" of sleet

I think you and war will probably go back to snow for the last portion of heavier precip to your west.  That bit of precip I don't think is in the stronger WAA region of the storm

Woke up to a nice covering here in Knoxville.  I'm very pleased that the initial band that streaked across to east TN overcame the dry air rather quickly.  At this point in time, the conditions are not unlike the 2014 storm where an inch or two fell at like 19 degrees and traffic conditions were horrible (I believe that was the crazy chatt/atlanta mess).  It's 23 here and the snow is very dry.  It'll be interesting to see if enough cold air stays trapped in this valley to keep it snow the rest of the day or if it converts to slop sooner rather than later.  Regardless, this is awesome.

Archived