• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich
Ralph Wiggum

January 22-23 Storm Threat

NWS lowered totals in Blizzard Watch to 10 - 16. Ugh.

where?  here is the point and click for blue bell:

Friday Night
Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 23. Northeast wind 7 to 12 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. Blustery, with a northeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Blustery, with a north wind 13 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Just now Glenn 10-14" and surrounding burbs.

seems like a reasonable forecast to me!  i might be tempted to go 12-16, but very little difference.  I wish Glenn still posted here.

where?  here is the point and click for blue bell:

It's in the actual Blizzard Watch text. I know it's only shifted down by 2 inches, but no one likes seeing that, and I hope it's not a trend....

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... 10 TO 16 INCHES POSSIBLE.

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/USPA0865:1:US?phenomena=BZ&significance=A&areaid=PAZ104&office=KPHI&etn=0001

It's in the actual Blizzard Watch text. I know it's only shifted down by 2 inches, but no one likes seeing that, and I hope it's not a trend....

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/USPA0865:1:US?phenomena=BZ&significance=A&areaid=PAZ104&office=KPHI&etn=0001

well, you have been reading the thread and following along with the models today, since you have been posting.  Given the discussion, it can't be a surprise to you that the forecast was slightly lowered. Try not to live and die by every update or model run the general trend for around a foot of snow for most of us has been there for days.

hmmm...guess the nws site hasn't updated yet...in any event, you'll never ever ever notice the difference between 16 inches and 18 inches of snow when you're getting blizzard winds for 6 hours...

hmmm...guess the nws site hasn't updated yet...in any event, you'll never ever ever notice the difference between 16 inches and 18 inches of snow when you're getting blizzard winds for 6 hours...

This

cant believe we are up set sitting under a blizzard watch....

I think people want their whole seasonal total in 1 storm. 

Considering this might be the only shot at a storm it isn't all that an unreasonable request.  :weenie:

ugh, the rgem gets the slp right off the VA/NC coast, the it decides to go straight westward inland 50 miles.  Heavy snow doesn't make it above delaware border.  PHL won't make 10" on this run.

Maybe it will be like this...

Ha love it. I've been trying to convey that issue in this entire thread: These storms tend to give nice surprises in the nowcasting stage. NOT saying it's 1996 redux, but rather I there's some twists and turns in here yet.