joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 16 event obs thread.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a good plot to look at as this system moves in. Max wet bulb in the lowest 400 mb (so covering that torchy 925 mb layer).

attachicon.gifmxwb.gif

I suspect the lowest levels will zr for awhile but when the omega max moves over, perhaps a different story.

31/31 here.  Curiously, liquid on all sfc's  weird.

I'm not thrilled with this FZDZ this morning. Throw some -SN on top of that and it's going to be a slick drive home from my mid shift.

at this point ... i visualize an outlined area roughly n of hfd to bed and points nw flipping to heavy parachutes. went out on a limb and figured warning (nearing) in those area; i would be surprised if that doesn't happen.  noticing rad returns trying to curl -

at this point ... i visualize an outlined area roughly n of hfd to bed and points nw flipping to heavy parachutes. went out on a limb and figured warning (nearing) in those area; i would be surprised if that doesn't happen.  noticing rad returns trying to curl -

HRRR is really close to hitting that area you mention, and as I mentioned in the storm discussion thread it's also one of the warmer pieces of guidance right now. So the fact that it nearly hits with warning criteria in northern Worcester County is impressive.

Looking at the KBOX melting layer, it is contracting ever so slightly in the last hour. As expected as precip rates try and overcome some of the warmth aloft.

The western edge especially is a little more flat than the eastern side, as that's where the strongest lift is in the developing deformation zone.

Sounds like rain out there. Heading to charlemont, curious what is doing there.

If it sounds like rain and is wet like rain, it probably is rain.

Some fat flakes mixed in but I'm guessing I'll see  no accummulation from this.  I'm checking out the new house at 10:00.  At least it can't be any worse in the snow department than it is here.

Snowing here now and 31.  Big wet flakes with about 1/4 inch now on deck. Obviously had a freezing rain for the first few hours as I slept and the heavier precip now managed to cool the column.

As expected, it sucks down here.

No evidence of any snow.  But that might just be somewhat melted beneath the zr.  But I think that's a pretty minor concern as it's near the freezing mark (31.7).

Raining pretty good at this point.  

Archived