joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 9-10th snow threat. Disco/OBS

dmc76

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a comparison with 00z ECMWF...one of the things I see is a slight difference in the handling of the northern stream, which could be causing a slightly eastward kick of the surface low.  But the 00z position at 60 hours was near western Lake Erie so we are not talking about a massive eastward shift in the surface low.

Did a comparison with 00z ECMWF...one of the things I see is a slight difference in the handling of the northern stream, which could be causing a slightly eastward kick of the surface low.  But the 00z position at 60 hours was near western Lake Erie so we are not talking about a massive eastward shift in the surface low.

I'm in a position whee just a slight eastward tick could mean the difference between 1" and 4".

Im waiting until 0z tonight before I make any conclusions about which way the storm will trend. These models go back and forth everytime. Could go more east or could go back west. As I said earlier, we will see!

Was noticing that most models had cooler readings for today and last night than they actually were. Wondering if it's going to impact the rain snow line tomorrow. Looks like today's low is heading slightly further NW than originally predicted.

Archived