gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know on the whole NC vs everyone on this board debate, I think there are two things. We get more chances at snow thus the population, of course, is going to be higher for those interested in snow. Second and this is most important I would venture that 99% of people who come on here do so to find out about what is going to happen in their backyard. When I joined there was like one other poster from Charlotte who actively posted...heck there seemed to be more from Gastonia than Charlotte. Anyways my point being, most learn because of selfish reasons. So of course I post more about Charlotte than Columbia. I don't live in Columbia or Atlanta. I live in Charlotte and there are alot of lurkers who live in Charlotte. So I post for myself and for them for the most part. 

+1.

You know on the whole NC vs everyone on this board debate, I think there are two things. We get more chances at snow thus the population, of course, is going to be higher for those interested in snow. Second and this is most important I would venture that 99% of people who come on here do so to find out about what is going to happen in their backyard. When I joined there was like one other poster from Charlotte who actively posted...heck there seemed to be more from Gastonia than Charlotte. Anyways my point being, most learn because of selfish reasons. So of course I post more about Charlotte than Columbia. I don't live in Columbia or Atlanta. I live in Charlotte and there are alot of lurkers who live in Charlotte. So I post for myself and for them for the most part. 

Burger, I was just kidding dude.  I do the exact same thing for Columbia, SC.

There have been tons of people who say "for many" etc.. and it's literally just around their state and I was making a joke about it.

I thought you live in Amsterdam ?

when i lived in sc i used to get mad that no posters did pbp for mby...so i learned how to read models. problem solved.

Burger, I was just kidding dude.  I do the exact same thing for Columbia, SC.

There have been tons of people who say "for many" etc.. and it's literally just around their state and I was making a joke about it.

Oh I know, no worries. All good fun. Just figured I would expound on it a little since it does get floated around alot. 

Hell, I'd stop posting as a whole on these forums... but people in my area send me messages asking me not to... I don't want to run a 14.95 a month site for SC (we have boring weather) so I'll just keep it up through this Winter at least.   

Maybe I should start a site based around SC... not a forum like I did before (which was actually a half-way hit before in Winter)... but just an overall community on Facebook or something.

Hell, I'd stop posting as a whole on these forums... but people in my area send me messages asking me not to... I don't want to run a 14.95 a month site for SC (we have boring weather) so I'll just keep it up through this Winter at least.   

Maybe I should start a site based around SC... not a forum like I did before (which was actually a half-way hit before in Winter)... but just an overall community on Facebook or something.

you should call it SC Piedmont Weather and offer lifetime memberships

you should call it SC Piedmont Weather and offer lifetime memberships

ROFL that would be absolutely glorious!  But for real, I'd never charge for that access/ripped off article thing.  Can't believe someone is on FB doing that in NC. :(

I just learned today that the old paper boxes... you put coins in and open and get a paper... people are literally opening them and taking all the papers for coupons.  Thats how far behind I am on screwing people over.  I hear it's been happening so much that paper boxes are being taken away for the most part.

I guess I could balance things out a bit by 5 posting everyone from NC.  That would go over well I'm sure.  I think I prefer the less controversial solution of asking the SC and GA posters to step up their game and post more.

Evil, evil man.

Yes sir! I'm doing my part!

You totally live in Boone, WTF.

So is Shawn !

I try. But I am failing!

Archived