• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Discussion

IWXwx

Last CFS run for January continues the recent flip toward suggesting a warmer than average month. Though if it occurs, it obviously should be much more pedestrian than December. Quite a dry look as well with what looks like a very suppressed STJ. There are some Nino winters that have had the super suppressed STJ in January, so I wouldn't say it can't happen, but I tend to not trust the precip output as much as temps.

CFSv2.NaT2m.20151231.201601.gif

CFSv2.NaPrec.20151231.201601.gif

I have no problem with a 1C or even 2C anomaly. It's funny though how the cfs was hell bent on mega torch Jan for the first 3 weeks of dec, then flipped markedly colder, and is now in the middle.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with a 1C or even 2C anomaly. It's funny though how the cfs was hell bent on mega torch Jan for the first 3 weeks of dec, then flipped markedly colder, and is now in the middle.

Something in the +2-4F range would be a lot more workable than December, when you were just hoping to get lucky with a fluke. 

Happy New Year to all...

True winter appears likely in the coming week or so. Actually seeing 0 degree temps showing up and 6" of snow on the GFS soundings thru 384 hours. It's a start.

I'd love to see a brutal 3 or 4 weeks and then flip the switch to an early spring. Placing my order now.

I too wouldn't mind an early warm spring, something similar to 2010, that was a perfect spring. The last 3 spring 2013-15 have been cold, wet, and even snowy. Seems those years we made a flip from winter to summer.

2-4 on average, the last 2 years 5-6 per year.

Vxbc3Hx.jpg

Looking at the latest radar and based on your reports, you would think BUF needs to flip flop those Warnings and Advisories for the Erie and Ontario LES belts. :lol:

LES storm chasing in your region is definitely going to be on my bucket list. 

Finally getting some LES snowfall on this trip. 2-3" of it better then notta.

Im headed to the Marquette area Feb 20-23, I may go somewhere in late Jan too. Havent been up north in 3 years with our deep snow, so why not take TWO trips this winter? ;) Jealous of the white up north but happy because it was NEEDED to start their based. Mood flakes here but no accumulation.

Archived