wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
WxChallenge 2015-16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

52/33/10/0.02

Higher low not quite as quick with the cooling tomorrow night. High a little higher some pokes of sun and figured most of the precip would be east of the area with some renegade showers early. More of just a quick forecast than anything. So far today has worked out pretty well except the low.

Lol what i just saw this too must have been at initial onset of rain but 25 is really impressive. I expected at least higher winds than 5-9mph throughout the day.

Only three people "forecasted" the winds correctly (climo updated to 22 knots). lol 

My call for today: 53/34/11/.02

Only three people "forecasted" the winds correctly (climo updated to 22 knots). lol 

My call for today: 53/34/11/.02

Thats awesome they probably were using bufkit to really hammer that forecast. I saw quite a few people were mid to upper teens.

And 0.02 it is for rain for now at least see if there may be a pop up but pressure is rising so probably nothing later.

Thats awesome they probably were using bufkit to really hammer that forecast. I saw quite a few people were mid to upper teens.

And 0.02 it is for rain for now at least see if there may be a pop up but pressure is rising so probably nothing later.

I don't think I saw 20kt winds in the BL on any model for yesterday, but maybe I missed something.

If I can get a 34F or higher min I'll actually move above consensus again. Brutal forecasting city

Selfishly, I want consensus to do well so most people is forced to drop KDRO in favor of KISP score so my national ranking can improve into Top 40. I'm about to had it with this city.

I don't think I saw 20kt winds in the BL on any model for yesterday, but maybe I missed something.

I didn't see anything above 15 kts on SUNY Albany's BL graph. I scouted this city for about a week before D1, so I kinda saw that jump to 22 knots coming even though models were saying 8-10 knots.

Selfishly, I want consensus to do well so most people is forced to drop KDRO in favor of KISP score so my national ranking can improve into Top 40. I'm about to had it with this city.

I didn't see anything above 15 kts on SUNY Albany's BL graph. I scouted this city for about a week before D1, so I kinda saw that jump to 22 knots coming even though models were saying 8-10 knots.

So long as I finish below consensus, I really don't care a whole lot what happens with this city. It reminds me of Butte last year where it wasn't a good scoring city for me. Even if I don't score well here, I should be sitting near 75th as my cumulative score. 

If the low can stay 34 or higher I can move up as high as 21st...so definitely rooting for that!

Im fine with that as well but hope for 33. Ill be sitting 175 for that 180 for above 33.

Winds might be a killer for some. Honestly im just trying to get my cumaltive below a -1.2 by the end of each city at this point. Wanna start off decent and hopefully finish strong. Would love to make a run at the tournament but doing better than i did last year is a plus as well.

So long as I finish below consensus, I really don't care a whole lot what happens with this city. It reminds me of Butte last year where it wasn't a good scoring city for me. Even if I don't score well here, I should be sitting near 75th as my cumulative score. 

Same. I'll have an uphill battle against the consensus... but at least I can go for big gambles next week.

Archived