joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2015-16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

66/49/14/0

I definitely could see the high being a bit higher if they really break out into at least a BKN sky early in the day. For the low it was unclear to me whether or not it'd be a 06z low tomorrow night or a low around 12z tomorrow morning. Ended up deciding clouds/wind would prevent it from dropping much tonight and that they'd have a good chance to drop quickly tomorrow night with clear skies and perhaps calmer conditions. For the wind, I've been too high each day so I figured take the under on the USL. Did note the 20 kt+ LLJ during the mid-morning which could allow them to sneak in something above 15 knots. I'd actually be fascinated to see a convective shower bring down something near 20 knots even if it did ruin my day. As for precip, it didn't seem like a great enough chance to warrant the risk but I thought the same thing on Tuesday and got burned.

I can somehow break even or beat consensus be a little today if the winds got to 14+ and my temp forecast works out. A tad nervous about it getting below 51 before 6z...we shall see.

Even without storms they just had 17G23. That surprised me a little but this was the modeled time of peak winds at least during daylight.

This is just one of those cities where everyone is annoyingly bunched together. I'm in 473rd but I'm only about four points from being in the top 100. The USL is very close to consensus (slightly above) so that probably explains why it's such a tight clustering. That and the fact that we haven't had any meaningful precip.

66/44/19/0

Not quite confident on the low those clouds are really going to make or break it. Winds look low until just around sunrise so we may be able to squeak a 46. maybe (hopefully) lower

Not really? I mean they pick up after sunrise, sure, but they're going to be blowing all night.

Archived