Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2015-16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to be a little risky and went 73/48/10. 

Had to rush a forecast at 7:45 but I didn't feel like i was going to far off on a limb. 

Tonight we're already down to 60F (or 59 if you use the 6hr min) and temperatures should fall quite steadily for the next few hours. Winds will die down more towards 3-4z and there's a decent chance to decouple tonight with clear skies and very weak winds especially towards 9z. If clouds can stay out of the area I think we'll see ISP drop to the 40s and decided it was worth taking the risk. Could easily see a low near 52 or so but if nothing improves for me it would likely be a drop city. 

Highs tomorrow should be at least a couple degrees warmer. Most guidance was near 70/71 but even with weak mixing it's possible they make it even higher than that. 

High risk/high reward forecasts haven't gone well so far for me this city... we'll see about it this time!

Had to rush a forecast at 7:45 but I didn't feel like i was going to far off on a limb. 

Tonight we're already down to 60F (or 59 if you use the 6hr min) and temperatures should fall quite steadily for the next few hours. Winds will die down more towards 3-4z and there's a decent chance to decouple tonight with clear skies and very weak winds especially towards 9z. If clouds can stay out of the area I think we'll see ISP drop to the 40s and decided it was worth taking the risk. Could easily see a low near 52 or so but if nothing improves for me it would likely be a drop city. 

Highs tomorrow should be at least a couple degrees warmer. Most guidance was near 70/71 but even with weak mixing it's possible they make it even higher than that. 

High risk/high reward forecasts haven't gone well so far for me this city... we'll see about it this time!

Good job on the low, man!

Forecast of the year thus far.

After a lot of deliberation, 72/49/18/0.

Tonight has another decent shot at good radiational cooling. The HRRR/HRDPS both show winds weakening significantly and the HRRR drops them to the upper 40s. Cloud cover becomes an issue again so it will likely be another 2-3 hour window to work with. Dew points are running a little warmer today but should lower several degrees overnight. Winds will likely die down a little earlier, and if clouds can clear out I think we'll see another 48 or so low. Again, it depends on a lot of factors and a 54 like OHWeather has may end up working out too.

Max temps are going to likely be a little cooler than today's.... I'm not exactly sure how a stronger southerly wind will effect high temperatures but even so mixing looks just as weak and potential temps are a degree celsius or so lower, so a low 70s seems fine. Precip was a question mark but the difference between 0.01 and 0" wasn't worth a gamble for me.

We'll see how it goes, at 59F currently so I need another 10F!

Archived