• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
WxChallenge 2015-16

After a lot of deliberation, 72/49/18/0.

Tonight has another decent shot at good radiational cooling. The HRRR/HRDPS both show winds weakening significantly and the HRRR drops them to the upper 40s. Cloud cover becomes an issue again so it will likely be another 2-3 hour window to work with. Dew points are running a little warmer today but should lower several degrees overnight. Winds will likely die down a little earlier, and if clouds can clear out I think we'll see another 48 or so low. Again, it depends on a lot of factors and a 54 like OHWeather has may end up working out too.

Max temps are going to likely be a little cooler than today's.... I'm not exactly sure how a stronger southerly wind will effect high temperatures but even so mixing looks just as weak and potential temps are a degree celsius or so lower, so a low 70s seems fine. Precip was a question mark but the difference between 0.01 and 0" wasn't worth a gamble for me.

We'll see how it goes, at 59F currently so I need another 10F!

I like your numbers. Hope you're right! ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold low isn't looking too good right now... sitting at 55 right now after a spike up from 53. Although ISP tanked between 4-5AM yesterday, I doubt we'll drop more than a few degrees from now. If I had 51-52 I'd feel pretty good.

Edit: Back down to 52F and calm winds at 9z so maybe I jumped the gun a tad early. Maybe I should stop worrying about a low temp and focus on my exam.  

60/39/18

Saw a burst of clouds to west of ISP so I decided to gamble. Temperature only dropped 5 degrees between 0z and 6z last night so I'm betting on the same result pre-frontal. I have no idea on the low so I went with USL and call it day.

Looks like a good 150 or so people didn't pick up on the 6z low tomorrow night.

Good :) Gimme some points against the consensus.

Final numbers from yesterday were 60/38/21/0.00. 

I finished the city off in 110th place, which makes back to back cities of top 125. Durango should be much more fun, and hopefully I'll make a better run at a trophy! 

Back to back top 90 for me. Had I not screw up misdating USL that cost me 3.5 error points in winds, I probably would've finished in Top 15. I'm still  bummed about that... but Durango is lot more challenging so hopefully all of us can kill it there to pad on our yearly score.

Archived