Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
WxChallenge 2015-16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 30 now...any colder and I should move up today. If this snow is accumulating which I suspect it is with visibilities down to 1/2 mile for a time last hour and temps below freezing that might really help my high tomorrow...especially if they can get a solid 1-2" down.

Edit: with a low of 30 I move up to 21st...if they can get down to my 27 I can get into the top 5, but I'm not sold on that yet.

Down to 30 now...any colder and I should move up today. If this snow is accumulating which I suspect it is with visibilities down to 1/2 mile for a time last hour and temps below freezing that might really help my high tomorrow...especially if they can get a solid 1-2" down.

Edit: with a low of 30 I move up to 21st...if they can get down to my 27 I can get into the top 5, but I'm not sold on that yet.

My friend says there is about a half inch on the ground and snowing like crazy about a half hour ago.

Also im still not understanding the precip amounts even climo has more right now.

My friend says there is about a half inch on the ground and snowing like crazy about a half hour ago.

Also im still not understanding the precip amounts even climo has more right now.

Precip should be at 0.65"... not sure what the issue is with the WxChallenge site but it will be fixed manually if needed. 

Either way the 30F helps me stay below consensus, hopefully tomorrow's forecast pans out and gets be a few points better 

I wonder at what time that low temperature was observed. Even with clear skies, I'm surprised the temperature dropped below 30° in one hourOnly three other locations are observing temperatures below 26.1°. All of which have an elevation of over 7,500 feet!!!

Temps should begin to climb in the next few hours clouds clearing should be able to get up to close to 40 sitting at 31.

Oh and they fixed the precip yesterday ended at .65 I only had 0.02 error on that.

Edit and we are off 34 and looks to rise quickly. Hard to believe nothing accumulated out of that precip this morning oh well

Ha I suck. As long as winds cooperate I'll hang on to the second cat 3 trophy heading into tomorrow.

These two sentences shouldn't be in the same paragraph. lol

Especially considering how well you did yesterday compared to everyone else... I brought myself out of contention because of it.

Winds just reached 15 knots. Temp dropped a little bit, but it will increase again within the next observation.

Especially considering how well you did yesterday compared to everyone else... I brought myself out of contention because of it.

Winds just reached 15 knots. Temp dropped a little bit, but it will increase again within the next observation.

Yea looks like 42 maybe 43 will be the max now and now the winds are peaking. These mountain cities

If I do win a trophy there were definitely a few calls on my part that blew up that I somehow got away with. If the high hits 42 (which now looks quite possible) I may end up a point behind the second cat 3 trophy heading into tomorrow.

Yea looks like 42 maybe 43 will be the max now and now the winds are peaking. These mountain cities

This place is killing me lol

I had five total error points for the low temperature by day six. I have 14 now. 

On a positive note, I'm doing well on winds!  :thumbsup:

I'm surprised KDRO has been stuck at 40 for 3 straight obs ..  many of the near-by PWS are in the 42-45 range currently 

I noticed the same thing yesterday. Looking at the topography, it looks like KDRO is nestled between two very steep slopes... Sort of like a half valley. The other observations are coming from lower elevations associated with flatter land. It makes sense given the temperature differences between these locations.

I'm tempted to take a closer look, but I'm so busy!!!

Now that the winds from yesterday have been put in it appears possible but not likely I do still win a trophy:

-if the winds didn't get above 13 I get a trophy despite the low.

-if the winds got to 14 I need a low of at least 21

-if the winds got to 15 I need a low of at least 20

We'll see how fast they can drop this evening with dew points in the lower 20s right now

Archived