• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's Talk Winter

Steve

horrible so far.   The dismal snow amounts are only made worse by the fact that we were whiffed by the only major storm thus far.

This is 97-98 all over again except it's colder.   If you remember, that year had a freak powerhouse winter storm the beginning of Feb that swiped us to the south.  After that it  zzzzzzz'd into spring.   I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing on the long range for Feb.   

None of the indices are trending in our favor which only leaves the infamous talk of a stratospheric warming event.   When you have to pull that out of your ass, you know it ain't looking good.   

The only good news is I haven't had my usual weather weenie distractions pulling me away from work.   Also sleeping better. I'm actually checking the 00z runs in the morning now.... :lol:

Probably get our "big one" in March like '08. I hope not. I'd rather it get nice so we can move on from this nightmare. 

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

horrible so far.   The dismal snow amounts are only made worse by the fact that we were whiffed by the only major storm thus far.

This is 97-98 all over again except it's colder.   If you remember, that year had a freak powerhouse winter storm the beginning of Feb that swiped us to the south.  After that it  zzzzzzz'd into spring.   I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing on the long range for Feb.   

None of the indices are trending in our favor which only leaves the infamous talk of a stratospheric warming event.   When you have to pull that out of your ass, you know it ain't looking good.   

The only good news is I haven't had my usual weather weenie distractions pulling me away from work.   Also sleeping better. I'm actually checking the 00z runs in the morning now.... :lol:

I bought a snow blower from a friend of mine who was moving to Florida back in '97 and I didn't use it at all 3 of the next 5 winters!

LMAO! nice avatar!

Yea it's been all over the place with it. GEM has it on 12z.

both the ggem and euro are trying to throw some fantasy stuff at us around day 9-10.   GEM puts a 996 low over WV and gives a large part of OH 6-12.    The euro looks a lot like it's evolving into....dare I say....a PD3ish look.    Complete with the first shot of overrunning streaking in from the northern plains as a low tries to fight it's way into a pressing arctic high. 

Best fantasy agreement we've had all season.   meh, it's something.

well, if you believe the euro, by day 9 it has about a foot of snow on the ground for the CMH area.   3-4 for the early week stuff, and another 8+ for the cluster storm next week.

I totally believe that...

... that won't happen.

12Z NAM says, "what snow for CMH?!"

Models are all over the freaking place....they're even fighting with themselves from one run to the next.  I think it's a two-fold issue.  The rain/snow set up is a razor edge and the potential for slow moving very localized heavy squalls.

BTW, did you see the 00z ggem?   If it were actually correct, we would end up with above normal seasonal snowfall if it didn't snow another flake after day 11.   Shows 24" on the ground across the area day 10 :lol:

The snow squalls are about as easy as figuring out which neighborhood scattered afternoon storms will hit :lol:

This is a tough one. I think broad brushed advisories are a good call at this point. I'm expecting anywhere between 2 and 7" here by Wednesday night, probably closer to the low end :lol:

The snow squalls are about as easy as figuring out which neighborhood scattered afternoon storms will hit :lol:

This is a tough one. I think broad brushed advisories are a good call at this point. I'm expecting anywhere between 2 and 7" here by Wednesday night, probably closer to the low end :lol:

pound town right now.   started as rain then switched over....  schizo weather day for sure.

Archived