joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Threat June 23rd

IsentropicLift

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parameters are ripe for the rapid intensification of convection over CPA in the next couple hours. Bulk effective shear of 40+kts across much of PA/NJ, MUCAPE > 2500 J/KG, ML lapse rates > 7.0c/km in CPA.

Don't think the NEPA cells will hamper our chances. Atmosphere is already very ripe for intense storms at 11am.

Parameters are ripe for the rapid intensification of convection over CPA in the next couple hours. Bulk effective shear of 40+kts across much of PA/NJ, MUCAPE > 2500 J/KG, ML lapse rates > 7.0c/km in CPA.

Don't think the NEPA cells will hamper our chances. Atmosphere is already very ripe for intense storms at 11am.

I dissagree. I think the nepa storms are going to screw up our chances unless they themselves intensify to severe. They are going to steal most of the available cape so the second line will be a run of mill underperforming squall line

I dissagree. I think the nepa storms are going to screw up our chances unless they themselves intensify to severe. They are going to steal most of the available cape so the second line will be a run of mill underperforming squall line

Did you even follow the storms in MI last night?  There's CAPE being advected in.  The outflow boundary is going to edge north after the storms pass, and you can also get severe from slightly elevated convection.

Destabilization is already occurring in earnest and that East PA stuff is not gonna do much of anything for anyone south of extreme North Jersey, it looks a lot better than it did a few hours ago.

Today is NYC Metros best day for severe weather. We have favorable bulk shear across the region ranging from 40-50 kts. Couple that with ample MUCAPE/SBCAPE. I'm concerned mostly with damaging wind gust as soundings across the region have a slight inverted v like structure to them. 

150623153904.gif

Today is NYC Metros best day for severe weather. We have favorable bulk shear across the region ranging from 40-50 kts. Couple that with ample MUCAPE/SBCAPE. I'm concerned mostly with damaging wind gust as soundings across the region have a slight inverted v like structure to them.

150623153904.gif

Yea that inverted v signature was showing up last night on the NAM soundings for KTEB along with 60 knots of 0-6km bulk shear. Couple that with pwats near two inches and things could get interesting. Have to monitor that zombie convection in PA though. Always a potential to throw things off a bit.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yea that inverted v signature was showing up last night on the NAM soundings for KTEB along with 60 knots of 0-6km bulk shear. Couple that with pwats near two inches and things could get interesting. Have to monitor that zombie convection in PA though. Always a potential to throw things off a bit.

Sent from my SM-G925V

Yeah hopefully the convective debris doesn't ruin the threat. 

Well it looks like that area of convection is going to cross NNJ and then NYC which will temporarily knock down the instability but it should quickly recover. 

sbcp.gif?1435074449068

The weakening cells moving into northwest NJ will probably pass to the north and west of NYC and immediate New Jersey suburbs. As you note, instability should rebound afterward.

Legit bow echos in Central PA.

There's also some weak rotation with the storm just east of KPBZ and slightly stronger rotation with the storm about halfway between KBGM and KCCX.    But the straight line winds are more interesting, for now.

Archived