• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2015 pattern discussion

GaWx

We'll wait for Shetley's and Marietta's presentation of temperature and precipitation data comparisons before breaking open the Dom Perignon and toasting a great call.

I think JB goes cold and extra snowy for his areas every winter, and when he hits, he looks like Nastradumass , when he misses, doesn't seem to get as much notice, from the general public, we tear him a new one, but that's what we would do!

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll wait for Shetley's and Marietta's presentation of temperature and precipitation data comparisons before breaking open the Dom Perignon and toasting a great call.

Nah his off the cuff analog was pretty close. Even with the flooding rains just displaced a few hundred miles. The heat has been unrelenting out west of you guys.

Lol. This has been an up and down summer so far. Looks like we will cool off a bit starting tomorrow through the weekend then another big ridge builds in. I feel bad for the piedmont and parts of the upstate as they have been dry as a bone so far.

Yeah, it hasn't been too bad here. For all I know, it might be just like 1993, but until I see some real data supporting the idea, it's just a bunch of hyperbole. But hey, it is what it is. :)

Our top notch local fox weather woman , says tomorrow is the day for us to score with big storms and sever!? Anxiously holding my breath!

lol we'll see about that.  0z Hires NAM says basically nada.  18z GFS was another glorious run for the upstate..  It's locked on to dryness now and isn't going to let up.

This data is for Greenville SC  temps were 2.2 degrees above normal for June and July is currently 1.7 degrees above normal.

In 1993 GSP was 3.4 degrees above normal in June and 6.4 above normal in July.......

Rainfall is .17" in June 1993 and 3.02" in June 2015...... .75" in July 1993 and 1.52" in July 2015....

So really its not even close to 1993 there.... but it has been above normal in temps and below normal in rainfall the last few months in the upstate....

It has been hot and dry for sure, but not quite like 1993 unless August turns really hot and even drier. Thankfully the flooding in the midwest and in Texas was also nothing like 1993.

Agreed, there are similarities but this year was not as extreme. I'm also missing a March blizzard.

The GFS is obviously having issues with temps but its seems to mainly be over certain areas for example the 06Z run this morning is showing the 18Z temp for today in GSP as 106 that's 12 above the NWS forecasted high of 94. It is consistently 5-10 degrees off over much of GA and SC but IMBY its fairly close with a call of 93 today.  

Euro and even the GFS now show the pattern change the end of next week......this works out for me as I am headed north to New England which will begin enjoying this pattern change early next week and then by the time I head back home that change should make it to the SE....

The GFS is obviously having issues with temps but its seems to mainly be over certain areas for example the 06Z run this morning is showing the 18Z temp for today in GSP as 106 that's 12 above the NWS forecasted high of 94. It is consistently 5-10 degrees off over much of GA and SC but IMBY its fairly close with a call of 93 today.  

Euro and even the GFS now show the pattern change the end of next week......this works out for me as I am headed north to New England which will begin enjoying this pattern change early next week and then by the time I head back home that change should make it to the SE....

Day 7 GFS looks good for our area but take it with a grain of salt: 

High temp:

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=07&model_dd=30&model_init_hh=06&fhour=180&parameter=TMPF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

Dew points(next hour frames have dew points dropping over our area):

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=07&model_dd=30&model_init_hh=06&fhour=180&parameter=DPTF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

This data is for Greenville SC  temps were 2.2 degrees above normal for June and July is currently 1.7 degrees above normal.

In 1993 GSP was 3.4 degrees above normal in June and 6.4 above normal in July.......

Rainfall is .17" in June 1993 and 3.02" in June 2015...... .75" in July 1993 and 1.52" in July 2015....

So really its not even close to 1993 there.... but it has been above normal in temps and below normal in rainfall the last few months in the upstate....

Drops mic.   :clap:

Archived