joxey
May 24-27 severe potential

Indystorm

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TOR Warning west of OKC: THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORMAN HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHWESTERN BLAINE COUNTY IN NORTHWESTERN OKLAHOMA...

NORTHWESTERN CADDO COUNTY IN SOUTHWESTERN OKLAHOMA...

SOUTHEASTERN CUSTER COUNTY IN WESTERN OKLAHOMA...

* UNTIL 700 PM CDT

* AT 623 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A

TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR WEATHERFORD...MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.

SPOTTERS REPORT A FUNNEL CLOUD WITH THIS STORM.

TOR Warning west of OKC: THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORMAN HAS ISSUED A

* UNTIL 700 PM CDT

* AT 623 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A

TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR WEATHERFORD...MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.

SPOTTERS REPORT A FUNNEL CLOUD WITH THIS STORM.

If there is any tornado there, it will be close to I-40

If there is any tornado there, it will be close to I-40

reflectivity presentation of the storm looks impressive and pretty classic... Storm merger is about to occur, so we will see if that strengthens or weakens it...

Left last minute just before 1pm.  Was not sure if I wanted to chase today, but ended up having a partner and it worked out great.  I'm gonna go through my pictures, but we saw 4 funnels though I'm not sure if any actually made it down.  Also had good structure for awhile around I20.  

Not quite as pretty as 4/26 but not half bad either.

Tomorrow has some good potential but the NAM has a weird SW moving MCS type thingy. 2015!

most of the high-res/global NWP shows a pretty to very good background environment for tomorrow in both winds and thermodynamics. But all of them basically point to it being messy, with a cluster/MCS type feature over NW OK/SW KS... Once again though, if any storm can be discrete/semi-discrete it will have a good shot at a tornado given the environment, and especially toward evening as the LLJ kicks in. 00Z NAM forecast soundings (which also shows that MCS) shows impressive low-level hodographs up and down the dryline. Great directional turning (meh as far as speeds go) throughout the entire wind profile as well. With maybe a VERY slight VBV in a few soundings/hodographs. Anyways, tomorrow looks like a day where there's never really too much tornado potential basing off of what models show as far as precip and storm mode, but there is a conditional chance if we can get a storm to be semi-discrete given the somewhat impressive environment.

Two isolated supercells in W KS attm, both have hooks as well... And then the isolated discrete tornadic supercell in NE CO, which appears to have been producing a tornado for a while now.

Tornado watch out for the panhandles and W OK now too.

Archived