joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 24-27 severe potential

Indystorm

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Targeting Mineral Wells today. I'm liking the local backing beneath what should be monster CAPE. Hopefully the wind profiles cooperate.

Sent from my iPhone

appears that the CU field to the west is becoming increasingly agitated.. Explosive thermodynamic environment in place, 4000-6000J/KG of SB/MUCAPE... Along with 30-40kts of eff. shear, 15-25kts of 0-1KM shear, 100-200m2/s2 ESRH... Leading to Supercell composite of 8-16, STP of ~2, 0-1KM EHI of 2-4, and 0-3KM EHI of 3-5... Could get something somewhat interesting if storm mode stays discrete.

Edit: also a very impressive plume of low-level lapse rates pushing in, 8-9.5C/km

Russ Contreas feed on TVN on the Breckenridge cell, big wall cloud already

developing a hook as well on KDYX reflectivity. Over primarily flat terrain, and a slow forward motion to the east at ~15mph. Perfect.

Too much merging going on. Could very well turn into a bunch of upscale HP slop. I'm more interested in the storm firing near Lueders. More space to work with.

We skipped TX because it looked like it would do what it's doing. Of course we might not see much in OK but less travel for failure.. ;)

Archived