• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
3/28/2015 IVT Discussion/Observations

SR Airglow

I just chalk it up to who it was..there's some problems there.

Funny but not really funny about that tanker accident on 84 in Tolland last night. People need to just avoid that 5 mile stretch . Evil lurks there

lol.  The two of you need to get into the ring sometime.  Could be a good one.  man vs. man, both of you on the floor, grasping on to each others nape's like a wolf carries it's young between its jaws.

Ironically, I ended up with 2.75", which puts me at exactly 100" for the season.

Thanks to all of you who believed in me and helped make it happen.  This could not have been achieved without your continued love and support.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a coating here once the sun set last night.   Quickly melting this AM despite the cold temps.  LI jackpot as many models had predicted.

-

CONNECTICUT

...FAIRFIELD COUNTY...
BRIDGEPORT 1.1 755 AM 3/29 CO-OP OBSERVER

...NEW HAVEN COUNTY...
NEW HAVEN 3.7 1245 AM 3/29 TRAINED SPOTTER

NEW YORK

...SUFFOLK COUNTY...
PORT JEFFERSON 6.1 700 AM 3/29 PUBLIC
MATTITUCK 5.8 735 AM 3/29 PUBLIC
MILLER PLACE 5.4 630 AM 3/29 PUBLIC
ROCKY POINT 5.0 800 AM 3/29 TRAINED SPOTTER
SETAUKET 5.0 1200 AM 3/29 PUBLIC
SOUTHAMPTON 4.5 1129 PM 3/28 TRAINED SPOTTER
CENTEREACH 4.4 730 AM 3/29 NWS EMPLOYEE
CORAM 4.3 1130 PM 3/28 TRAINED SPOTTER
SMITHTOWN 4.0 1200 AM 3/29 PUBLIC
RIVERHEAD 3.5 600 AM 3/29 PUBLIC
CENTERPORT 3.5 800 AM 3/29 CO-OP OBSERVER
SOUND BEACH 3.5 715 AM 3/29 PUBLIC
RONKONKOMA 3.4 835 AM 3/29 NWS EMPLOYEE
UPTON 2.8 800 AM 3/29 NWS OFFICE
FARMINGVILLE 2.8 745 AM 3/29 TRAINED SPOTTER
WESTHAMPTON 2.0 1100 PM 3/28 NWS EMPLOYEE
ISLIP 1.5 100 AM 3/29 FAA OBSERVER

Apparently the final in North Haven was 3.7" from a spotter there. That PNS report should say north haven not new haven for that report.

I was in VT so can't confirm but based on radar and surrounding reports (or lack thereof) that number seems a bit high. I'll have to go with it though since there are no other surrounding reports, 3.7 it is.

Time to retire to FL?

I hate florida but a warmer clime would suit my body better. Alas, I don't see retirement any time in the next 5 years barring health issues. It's way OT but I actually think work is good for me. Besides, I fear the dementia which runs so prevalent on my mothers side. I have this (unproven) illusion that if you keep things intellectually complicated maybe it staves it off.

I hate florida but a warmer clime would suit my body better. Alas, I don't see retirement any time in the next 5 years barring health issues. It's way OT but I actually think work is good for me. Besides, I fear the dementia which runs so prevalent on my mothers side. I have this (unproven) illusion that if you keep things intellectually complicated maybe it staves it off.

Just don't look in the political and climate change forums...you'll lose your mind.

two parter awt

Not as you thought?

Loop the radar yesterday... maybe in part of CT it was, but for most it wasn't.

Check out the obs at ORH for a central location... steady light snow from morning till night.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?table=1&banner=off&sid=korh

Hey BDL also...steady light snow throughout.

I think that goes as "APFT"?

In ern areas it wasn't really a two part system. It was either snowing during the day, or started during the evening in srn areas.

Obs show most areas never had a break...or if they did, the ASOS didn't report it.

Even IJD near our passive aggressive Ginxy was steady light snow reported from 8am until midnight. 

Obs show most areas never had a break...or if they did, the ASOS didn't report it.

Even IJD near our passive aggressive Ginxy was steady light snow reported from 8am until midnight. 

Kevin had a brief lull..but I'd hesitate to call it a classic two part system. Agreed. If you really want to get cute..you could argue the forcing was different..but that's kind of dumb.

Kevin had a brief lull..but I'd hesitate to call it a classic two part system. Agreed. If you really want to get cute..you could argue the forcing was different..but that's kind of dumb.

Well there was a small hole in his area but that's like getting a subsidence area in a nor'easter and then calling it a two-part event because you had to wait 30 minutes for the CCB to build in after the WCB moved out.

It snowed lightly all over the region from ALB to BOS yesterday. In those really light events with 0.1" ever 6 hours for 3 panels, there could be some breaks.

But the quote of mine Ginxy used seemed to have the meso models on top of it with 0.05-0.1" QPF consistently every 3 hours all day long. That appears to be what happened looking at the various ASOS obs.

Not as you thought?

Loop the radar yesterday... maybe in part of CT it was, but for most it wasn't.

Check out the obs at ORH for a central location... steady light snow from morning till night.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?table=1&banner=off&sid=korh

Hey BDL also...steady light snow throughout.

I think that goes as "APFT"?

you are missing what occurred. First part was fringe of CCB, second part was inverted trough.

Well that's why I said you could argue the forcing was different..but I would hesitate to call is a classic two part system. You had a brief lull in CT I guess.

Tip said snow flurries from 5 on, said no forcing after. We said no the invt would crank up. That's what started the whole discussion. PF never disagrees with any Met, that's just him.

Archived