joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NWS graphic this morning is shunting the front further north Monday, not a good sign. They are shifting the flooding rains up north near the Red River (let's face it, not going to get severe that day so I am hoping for buckets of rain for the lakes!)

Not looking good. Why not give the Red River towns the love again? It's happened that way almost every other time so far this year....

Again, another TS, 1.5-2" rates for about 40 minutes and around 1.2" total rain, 30mph gusts and a fantastic lightning show. Currently 150% above average precipitation for the month (whole month average). Short and medium ranges look pretty wet, so I expect we'll finish 200%-300% above average for the month.

It already feels August like, soggy warmth, with DPs around mid-high 60s in the afternoon.

Just as a perspective, around 3.1" of rain have fallen so far in April, that's just 0.4" shy of our 2nd wettest month on average (August), and we will easily surpass it...September is the wettest at around 7". April is our 4th driest month with an average of around 1.4".

Yeah, as expected, rainfall is looking worse and worse now. Really ticking me off I move from the desert of West Texas and they are now double their average rainfall for this point in the year......much more of this, and it will be very bad for our drought.

Yeah, as expected, rainfall is looking worse and worse now. Really ticking me off I move from the desert of West Texas and they are now double their average rainfall for this point in the year......much more of this, and it will be very bad for our drought.

of course.... of freaking course! whoever has the rain shield on needs to destroy it, and Soon! 

Good CAPE and helicity in the area but only very modest dewpoints.  Will be interesting to see if it can produce in that environment. Of course with that increased elevation perhaps dews don't have to be as high as they usually need to be for tornado formation along the dry line as they do here in the Midwest.   Another tor warning just issued by Dodge City NWS.

It's April 12th and I don't believe either Tarrant, Dallas, Denton or Collin counties have had any severe weather watches. There was a warning issued one night, but no widespread threat. This has to be some kind of record.

There was a warning issued on Thursday afternoon for Arlington, Grand Prairie, et al, but the cell fell apart very quickly and had awful structure on radar.

Portions of Galveston County received 6 inches of rainfall yesterday afternoon in 2 hours bringing flash flooding to areas that had already received over 2 inches of rainfall this past weekend. Storm totals could increase as the slow moving MCS continues moving E. Rainfall amounts of nearly 8 inches have been reported across the Lower Rio Grande Valley the past 3 days and strong storms continue to fire across the RGV as that pesky upper low continues to spin across Southern New Mexico. Yet another vigorous upper low is expected to drop S into the 4 Corners Region by Wednesday continuing an unsettled pattern into the late week and possibly into next weekend across portions of Texas.

Well, been busy this weekend moving from our apartment into a house, and while I was glad it didn't rain on us, I was hoping last night would turn out good. It went well for Collin at least, but Tarrant didn't get anything. Disappointed again...almost getting comical!

I don't know much about weather and only took an intro class in college for my science requirement. But, I am just stunned we can't seem to catch a break even with a low spinning to our west FOR DAYS.

At least some heavy smaller storms are in the area now. We need a dang MCS.

Got bounced out of bed by some storms last night.  Lot of lightning.  

Let's hope there's some sun between now and when the front arrives.  that could help heat up the lower levels and help overcome the atmosphere that's been worked over by last night and this morning's storms. 

And yes, Jorge, it is Christmas for you.  Enjoy it.  Lord knows if it was snowing or we had an F4 it would be all over the board.  Brag away!  

Archived