joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not liking that boundary... hope it doesn't get hung up across the northern DFW area. Would really prefer it to push south of us keeping the tornado threat out of MBY.

I'm hoping the dry line out to the west pushes through past Tulsa before Friday afternoon. It may push through that morning which would make things a little less hectic for me. Although the worst stuff is gonna get southeast Kansas by the looks of it.

Sunny, warm, and feels muggy in Tyler.

You can watch the outflow boundary moving steadily southeast through DFW right now on radar. http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=FWS-N0Q-1-24 Looks like it is approaching I-20.  It will be interesting to see how far south and east the boundary progresses and if new storms initiate along the boundary this afternoon.

Based on the movement of the boundary, I would agree that the enhanced risk area needs to be nudged southward.

This 11 a.m. NWS update seems likely to bust, if I am correct that storms would fire on the warmer southern side, correct?

"OUR BEST ESTIMATE IS THAT STORMS WILL

INTENSIFY BY MID AFTERNOON GENERALLY NORTH OF THE INTERSTATE 20
CORRIDOR ALONG THE OUTFLOW BOUNDARY." Looks like two counties south may get slammed instead.

This 11 a.m. NWS update seems likely to bust, if I am correct that storms would fire on the warmer southern side, correct?

"OUR BEST ESTIMATE IS THAT STORMS WILL

INTENSIFY BY MID AFTERNOON GENERALLY NORTH OF THE INTERSTATE 20

CORRIDOR ALONG THE OUTFLOW BOUNDARY." Looks like two counties south may get slammed instead.

A bit confused, so the tornado risk is low for north of the boundary? but the enhanced risk area should also be north of the boundary?

A bit confused, so the tornado risk is low for north of the boundary? but the enhanced risk area should also be north of the boundary?

He is saying that the NWS should probably adjust the wording for location.  The highest tornado risk will be along and south of the boundary.  There will be lower instability on the north side of the boundary.

And honestly I agree with regards to potential and boundary movement.  If the boundary continues moving south it will not be as favorable as if it stalls out or begins lifting back north.  It seems as if it's slowing down some, and I think it will stall just south of DFW and I-20.

The boundary has moved farther south and now extends from near Texarkana to south of I-20 in DFW.  Hasn't stalled yet.  There's a region of lower dewpoints in East Texas.  Mid 60's dewpoints are trying to make their way north but it seems that the southern storms are robbing some and some may be mixing out.

Archived