joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't see that MCS making it this far, still a brisk NE wind here. If anything I see it moving further south and screwing us over tomorrow which leaves Friday and that doesn't even look impressive. 3 days of severe storms talked up and we may not see 1 out of it, welcome to North Texas.

Well according to radar we just had another outflow boundary move through, where the heck did this one come from, lol. Oh I give up, outflows are becoming just as bad as caps around here.

Sometimes it's the only mechanism for initiation, especially when fronts stop coming through in late spring. The one from earlier seems to be doing pretty well for folks in the southern part of the CWA.

SPC lowering risk for DFW and also pushing it south from the OK border. Not looking good despite all the talk of that cluster making it to DFW.

If that doesn't get here, it doesn't look great tomorrow or really even Friday anymore at least on the convective models...don't know enough to really say differently.

At least on the bright side, we can say we had yet another severe thunderstorm watch in dfw....

lol now if we can just get stuff to materialize in those watches and move through the area. We did Saturday but would prefer more than a one time event.

Well, I used to think winter forecasting was hard. But, severe weather isn't much easier. Pretty much everybody was wrong except that we did get something overnight, though the part that got northern Tarrant looked pretty narrow from FB radar posts around 3 a.m. Just like some models showed, the heavier stuff was right south of the Red River.

FWD indicates concern over how much destabilization will occur over DFW, and with that "if" mention, definitely not going to get excited for today no matter what models show, which wasn't impressive yesterday. If it happens, great. But, no use being obsessed with all the data today...

What a difference 90 minutes makes... Now it's broken sunshine and it feels VERY humid outside in south ft worth

That is good to know, was wondering if the clouds were breaking up or not when I looked at the satellite, still cloudy here by DFW.

Tomorrow has promise, and it seems the models keep the front moving slowly enough it won't race east of us before things develop.....right now. Will see...this pattern of lows coming across can't go on forever, and at some point a high will stop our rain, so we need to get some good stuff when we can!

Archived