joxey
March 3-4th Winter Storm Potential

OntarioChaser

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much sums things up right now. 

2mzejjt.png

Looks like a majority for the southern stream piece is there going through Ohio in some form with the northern stream piece near Thunder Bay. Of course the issue is these ensembles like the op runs have been shifting every 6 to 12 hours.

Hoping for one good snowstorm yet then I'll be ready for spring. Other than one storm of 8", all we've seem to have all winder is 1-2" clippers.

That's what I'm hoping for 30 miles NW of you, I haven't had a winter storm warning this season, it's been 7 years since my last double digit snowstorm, would love to get a big dog, enjoy the snowpack for a week, then go into spring lol.

That's what I'm hoping for 30 miles NW of you, I haven't had a winter storm warning this season, it's been 7 years since my last double digit snowstorm, would love to get a big dog, enjoy the snowpack for a week, then go into spring lol.

You missed out on Jan 5 2014? Impressive. :(

You missed out on Jan 5 2014? Impressive. :(

Jan 3rd-4th I acually got 7.5" Cement while only under a winter weather advisory, was just a crazy local thing where I can catch cold dry air from Oscoda flowing to me with a slight elevation increase out of the saginaw valley. but that was my only big storm of the season, I got 4.5" pixie dust from the GHD2 storm.

Man there is a ton of energy coming in with this long-wave trough early next week.  That combined with a strong northern vort in southern Canada could make for one hell of a storm for someone if this thing can phase properly.  Someone could get dumped on big time with this thing.

Indeed.

FWIW the new UK has 998 over Dubuque IA at 144.  Possibly could imply a good hit for the MSP crew.  

UK has been real good this winter, but this still may be a bit early for it to be setting into a solution.

I think this is the right solution, the 02/26 0z run of the Euro just misses the connection of the 500mb to 700mb moisture transport coming off the Eastern Pacific with the 850mb transport off the western gulf. With the 998 over eastern IA I'm amusing the UKMET makes the connection.  Although this may be a RST to EAU special.

Other than the front end hit, it is completely void of cold sector precip.

Verbatim, the EURO is mostly snow/ice here...

Another thing to bear in mind is that the fresh deep snowpack from the initial overrunning event could help the cause for more snow/ice than models are showing now (thanks to low level CAD).

10 inch frost depth at the office...here comes the flood.

I remember when I lived there, every Spring the lakes would flood.  especially that area near the rr tracks at Pike Lake.  Def a downside to not having consistent deep snow.  I wonder what the frost depth is here considering there's been 2'+ of snow since Nov 11th?

Archived