Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March Into Not A Morch Pattern Discussion

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry just saw Ray's question....

I think Will is right. It sucks missing a target, but there's a few in the chamber left. Next week is iffy, but some signs for 3/27 and maybe 3/31. Also early April can't be ruled out either. Bowling ball season is here to play model havoc. This isn't like January where threats can be seen days in advance.

thoughts bro, the first year is the absolute worst, April 30th brings back my nightmare every year, the pain is just a little less intense.  I do agree that this hobby and tracking is a great distraction . We snow bro we snow

Thanks.

I need to recalibrate and learn to control my emotions again....just devastating, but the show has to go on.

I'm not the only person to ever have to deal with it.

Sorry just saw Ray's question....

I think Will is right. It sucks missing a target, but there's a few in the chamber left. Next week is iffy, but some signs for 3/27 and maybe 3/31. Also early April can't be ruled out either. Bowling ball season is here to play model havoc. This isn't like January where threats can be seen days in advance.

We whiffed on a threat on Mar 29, 1996 that was hyped as a solid 4-8 incher about 2 days out. When it missed, I remembered thinking that was it...but then the back to back April events came with only about 3 days warning.

The '97 blizzard was similar. Except the threat we whiffed on was even more hyped...supposed to be a potent one, but it got ground up by PV to the north. we had a winter storm watch out for it and got nothing. I think it was for Mar 19-20, 1997...I figured snow threats were done when we missed on that one. But little did we know, lol.

We whiffed on a threat on Mar 29, 1996 that was hyped as a solid 4-8 incher about 2 days out. When it missed, I remembered thinking that was it...but then the back to back April events came with only about 3 days warning.

The '97 blizzard was similar. Except the threat we whiffed on was even more hyped...supposed to be a potent one, but it got ground up by PV to the north. we had a winter storm watch out for it and got nothing. I think it was for Mar 19-20, 1997...I figured snow threats were done when we missed on that one. But little did we know, lol.

I don't recall the '96 deal, but I do somehow remember the 1997 one. I remember being disappointed from it. We did have a nice 4-5" event earlier that month on SE winds. It was supposed to change to rain and we got pretty much all snow.

Euro Ensembles look great for a lot of snow next week.

We've been saying this for 2 weeks.  Then, for most, things have inexorably trended to  is a disorganized, very progressive meh. 

I don't think there's much of any chance left for me on the coast, but I'd like to see one last pretty low develop, even if its rain for us.

Fischer did

Yeah well it's not the right way to really track if you are going to break a record.

The raw average temp will climb a lot even with like -10 departures as climo warms rapidly late in the month. That's why seeing how far below normal we are gives a better idea. We're running like -4 after today...we'd need to end up like -8 to break a record. Not gonna happen. Though this month should definitely finish solidly below normal.

You still have 13 days left in the month with climo climbing fast. BOS is "only" -3.6F on the month right now. You can't use the current monthly avg (through 17-18 days) and apply it to the monthly normal.

not that it means much but ens average temp for the rest of  the month at BOS is 29

Archived