joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of February/ Early March Discussion Thread 2015

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the European will come east as HP keeps pulsing through the lakes .  ( However we are coming to the end of this pattern ) . So this should probably be the last one that come S , before we pull back for a week and before we re fire it again for a few weeks . 

Eventually one of these are going to cut , I just don`t think it is this one . Here is the GEM . gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.png

Nice to see the models coming to the GEM . Sun - Mon now looks frozen and that makes sense given how much cold air is available .

I would not worry about the one that follows this just yet as we will have to see if this can pull the Baroclinic zone S for the Tues Wed SW .

BTW the models are all muting the warmth now so there may not be any real pullback .

Nice to see the models coming to the GEM . Sun - Mon now looks frozen and that makes sense given how much cold air is available .

I would not worry about the one that follows this just yet as we will have to see if this can pull the Baroclinic zone S for the Tues Wed SW .

BTW the models are all muting the warmth now so there may not be any real pullback .

Yes.. Models are also starting to hint at bring back the +pna as well as the nao trending neutral.

EPS this afternoon keeps winter going into mid month, looks like they were way to quick with breaking down the epo, That being said we are getting into the time of the year were our cooler days will be bit more tolerable. 

Even on the coldest of days, the sun has been feeling warm over the past week.  Of course it is of no use when it is not out.

Even on the coldest of days, the sun has been feeling warm over the past week. Of course it is of no use when it is not out.

Even on cloudy, snowy days, solar radiation going into March can influence surface temps and sometimes thicknesses in sig ways with borderline temps. Snowpack takes more of a beating even on cloudy, cold days.

Even on the coldest of days, the sun has been feeling warm over the past week. Of course it is of no use when it is not out.

honestly I find that wrong. Today imo was the coldest day of this winter. The sun had no effect on this bruttaly cold airmass! Remember you got at least 8 inches on the ground too so the sun reflection is going right back into space! What a winter! I'm kinda tired of this cold but man I want more snow!

honestly I find that wrong. Today imo was the coldest day of this winter. The sun had no effect on this bruttaly cold airmass! Remember you got at least 8 inches on the ground too so the sun reflection is going right back into space! What a winter! I'm kinda tired of this cold but man I want more snow!

When you get into March the sun does have a profound effect. It's not opinion, or being pessimistic, it's fact. And the further you get into March, the effect increases even more

honestly I find that wrong. Today imo was the coldest day of this winter. The sun had no effect on this bruttaly cold airmass! ...

Not so.  On the walk I took at lunch time today when I had both the wind and the sun at my back, my back felt very pleasantly warm, surprisingly so and it stood out to me. 

In the shade with the wind in my face, it didn't feel as warm, but I think I am getting used to it.  Really enjoyed the walk.

I understand dude I'm not a newbie here, what I'm saying the sun only had effect on Sunday after that weak storm departed. That's the only day the sun had any positive effect so far from this cold airmass. Otherwise it was there for no reason! It's still February, people need to understand that you have another 3 weeks of potentially wintry weather. Especially this year, the cold air just keeps on coming with the -epo and the trough thats caused by the positive pna. The real sun comes in after March! March is a tease and it does feel good on sunny days but for anyone thinking that February sun is warm is ridiculous unless it's a warm winter and there's no snow cover.. And I remember you guys put out a discusiion last year about February sun and snow accumulations. Anytime there's a decent amount of lift and its 32 or below 32 you can have accumulations even in mid April or May for that matter! Just look at Calgary Canada for instance, most of their snow comes during spring and or fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand dude I'm not a newbie here, what I'm saying the sun only had effect on Sunday after that weak storm departed. That's the only day the sun had any positive effect so far from this cold airmass. Otherwise it was there for no reason! It's still February, people need to understand that you have another 3 weeks of potentially wintry weather. Especially this year, the cold air just keeps on coming with the -epo and the trough thats caused by the positive pna. The real sun comes in after March! March is a tease and it does feel good on sunny days but for anyone thinking that February sun is warm is ridiculous unless it's a warm winter and there's no snow cover.. And I remember you guys put out a discusiion last year about February sun and snow accumulations. Anytime there's a decent amount of lift and its 32 or below 32 you can have accumulations even in mid April or May for that matter! Just look at Calgary Canada for instance, most of their snow comes during spring and or fall.

Sent from my iPhone

Big difference in latitude between Calgary and NYC

Warmer times are ahead thats the bottom line

And then colder times will be ahead of those warmer times and then warmer times will be ahead of those and then, holy crap, we're gonna get cold again! Wait a minute, Captain Obvious, are you trying to tell us that we live in an area of the US that gets all 4 seasons??

And then colder times will be ahead of those warmer times and then warmer times will be ahead of those and then, holy crap, we're gonna get cold again! Wait a minute, Captain Obvious, are you trying to tell us that we live in an area of the US that gets all 4 seasons??

The man has been a member for years and somehow has managed to never make a single post of any value.

Archived