SnowHabit
End of February/ Early March Discussion Thread 2015

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's one fast moving storm :o

Talk about a fast mover...

hahaha at least the south is getting their snow. I'm sure they've been waiting for this. Life is great I just wish we had the KU we wanted but without blocking we can't seem to catch a break. Maybe next year we'll get one. Maybe March could surprise us. How are the long term models depicting March?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha at least the south is getting their snow. I'm sure they've been waiting for this. Life is great I just wish we had the KU we wanted but without blocking we can't seem to catch a break. Maybe next year we'll get one. Maybe March could surprise us. How are the long term models depicting March?

Sent from my iPhone

Not going to happen unless a -NAO develops.  Sucks that we didn't have a -NAO once again this winter. Most of the meteorologists did call for a -NAO winter in their winter outlooks.

Not going to happen unless a -NAO develops.  Sucks that we didn't have a -NAO once again this winter. Most of the meteorologists did call for a -NAO winter in their winter outlooks.

I'm sure the -NAO is going to develop just in time for Spring and we're going to end up with a cool and rainy first half.

The ensembles are already showing two possible drops back towards neutral.

nao.sprd2.gif

Everyone always says every winter that the NAO will flip and deliver a cold, rainy Spring but it never happens.

Spring has been damn good the last few years. Lots of sunny, mild days and not that much rain.

He's not wrong though. Models don't want to budge the PDO and are hinting at the PNA going positive with at least a neutral NAO.

He's not wrong though. Models don't want to budge the PDO and are hinting at the PNA going positive with at least a neutral NAO.

For March at least things look quite active. Whatever big warmup that was forecast next month isn't happening anytime soon.

For me real Spring begins April 1st when lows are regularly above freezing.

The PNA is already verifying slightly more positive than forecasted. While that should drop well into negative territory, it will start to rebound by the second week of March.

pna.sprd2.gif

For March at least things look quite active. Whatever big warmup that was forecast next month isn't happening anytime soon.

For me real Spring begins April 1st when lows are regularly above freezing.

That's if we don't have cold air around. For me, spring begins around April 15.

Archived