joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Norlun Trough Discussion - Feb. 19

NorEastermass128

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The inverted trough is weak and offshore Mass right now...it's going to kick into a higher gear Wed night as the ULL approaches from the west.

I am confused the thread says 19th but peeps are talking about nowcast radar returns? Looks like a miller b to me now, you and NE Mas, NH, Maine should really get clocked. God bless 496 Ulls

But I'm even more confused... I keep reading about NH, ME getting clocked in this thread, but NNE thread has no mention of it and GYX gives 1-3 inches for Bartlett... what am I missing??? 

I am confused the thread says 19th but peeps are talking about nowcast radar returns? Looks like a miller b to me now, you and NE Mas, NH, Maine should really get clocked. God bless 496 Ulls

I think for most effected on this forum it'll function more as an inverted trough. Maybe we start seeing a more developed sfc system as it gets near BHB? These things are fickle so who knows...

I think for most effected on this forum it'll function more as an inverted trough. Maybe we start seeing a more developed sfc system as it gets near BHB? These things are fickle so who knows...

The now cast should be in the other thread, the futurecast here I guess. so having said that, looks like a Miller b pops off CHH, heads into the GOM somewhat captured and should develop quickly. once again backside Arctic winds and cold, simply amazing

But I'm even more confused... I keep reading about NH, ME getting clocked in this thread, but NNE thread has no mention of it and GYX gives 1-3 inches for Bartlett... what am I missing???

Wait for the next GYX update...

We're going to see a punch of DPVA arrive which induces pressure falls at the sfc...i.e. a strengthening of the weak trough offshore Mass right now. I'm not sure if that is the exact same trough tonight that strengthens into the stronger trough for NE MA/NH/ME or if it's another boundary, but regardless there's some weak convergence zones hanging around off the coast.

Archived