Newest Member
    Toothache
February 20-22 Storm Potential

Hoosier

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackpot.  

Concrete? It was mostly fluff here. Last band was pretty nice here too. 

It's not super wet but it's pretty dense.  Went out to check my board and the grand kids beaned me in the head with a snowball and it felt like a rock lol.  Looks like someone is shaking out a feather pillow now.  Quarter size flakes coming down pretty good, think this is it.  Heading out to sneak attack the little yard apes.  Pay backs a ....         :rambo:

If the HRRR is correct, we will be near 6" by the time all is said and done.

Been snowing steadily here all day. Looks really good outside, apart from the roads, which are a disaster. Blizzardof96, you expect the steady snow to last until 7pm? I imagine this fresh snow cover will really have an impact when the next arctic air mass moves in Sunday night.

Been snowing steadily here all day. Looks really good outside, apart from the roads, which are a disaster. Blizzardof96, you expect the steady snow to last until 7pm? I imagine this fresh snow cover will really have an impact when the next arctic air mass moves in Sunday night.

The band may try to make one more push north but it looks like its mostly lighter variety at this point. We should finish near 4".

I'm at work, so no idea at my place. I'll wait to see what the south Lafayette CoCoRaHS guy measures. We're usually pretty close.

Spotter in town came in with the exact same number as me

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN  1244 PM EST SAT FEB 21 2015     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    1244 PM     SNOW             LAFAYETTE               40.41N  86.87W  02/21/2015  M4.2 INCH        TIPPECANOE         IN   TRAINED SPOTTER     

Ended with about 5.25 maybe a little less.  Majority of that came between 6am and 2pm. I'm surprised at how much fluff is being reported around me.  We got some fluff in the wee hours but the top 3 or so inches is pretty heavy stuff.  Will say one thing, it's been absolutely gorgeous out this afternoon.  Nice temps around 30.  And the quiet.  I love how a fresh snow muffles all the ambient sounds.

Thanks! It's not a blizzard or a foot of snow, but for a lot of us it should be our first 5"+ snow of the year.

Ended up with 4 inches locally so I'm still waiting for 5" like the LAF crew.

I'm taking a wait and see approach.  

Glad I didn't get to excited on the juicier runs.

Yes, I'm starting to get dry slot jitters as these 18Z models come in  :weenie:

About the only good thing with this storm was no mixing issues.  It was a beautiful snow.  It just needed to be more.

I say this everytime we get one, but its amazing how a little spritzer refresher snow transforms the old, deep snow into what looks like fresh, deep powder. Gotta love it.

I finished with 1.3" of snow imby on 0.09" of liquid...this puts me at 25.9" for Feb and 44.6" on the season. Avg depth is 13". At DTW 1.0" fell, so 25.8" in Feb, 44.1" on season, and 12" on ground.

It was hours and hours of tiny flakes today.

4306-800.jpg

4307-800.jpg

4308-800.jpg

4309-800.jpg

4310-800.jpg

4311-800.jpg

4312-800.jpg

Archived