Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 20-22 Storm Potential

Hoosier

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To give the models credit, several of them, at some point in the last 24 hours, depicted an intense band in central IL only to screw hole us to the East.  

Hires models (the NAMs, RGEM) were definitely all over the deathband scenario. But they were too far north with it. Touchy situation, but I should have known it was going to be tight/bust-able when they were putting down 0.70" or more QPF here with scrap amounts just 20 miles or so to my north.

7z hrrr spitting 6-8 here still. But gives you guys 4-6" don't give up hope yet.

I'm Now-wishcasting the crap out of this but it ain't gonna happen.  Maybe another 1-2 on top of the 1.75 I have now.  At least it will be white outside when the arctic cooler sets back in next week.  Nothing worse than bare ground and -5!  I swear these are the funkiest flakes I've ever seen.  It's like there's 3 or 4 different snow makers up top.  I've got huge flakes, medium flakes and dust now.

Down to a trickle here now. Measured a whopping 1.8".

Makes for two solid busts/near misses for the LAF this month. As Roberto Duran once famously said..."no mas". :)

Not sure I even have that much... heading out in a bit to check. Think we can still pick up another inch or so with the band in Illinois.

Not sure I even have that much... heading out in a bit to check. Think we can still pick up another inch or so with the band in Illinois.

lol, I gave up looking at the radar. It'll probably fall apart or something before it gets here. :lol:

IND up to 4.6" storm total. That's respectable.

0700 AM SNOW 1 S INDIANAPOLIS INT`L 39.71N 86.29W

02/21/2015 M4.6 INCH MARION IN NWS OFFICE

STORM TOTAL. RECEIVED AN ADDITIONAL 4.0 INCHES THE PAST

6 HOURS.

Looks like about 3-5" of snow so far across a good chunk of IND's CWA, outside of the northern portions who fared worse.

Steady light mood snow here right now. Might be able to tack on an additional tenth or two, but that'll be all she wrote in the LAF.

All the models get a F IMBY. Extra credit to the hires models who were the absolute worst.

Looks like about 3-5" of snow so far across a good chunk of IND's CWA, outside of the northern portions who fared worse.

Steady light mood snow here right now. Might be able to tack on an additional tenth or two, but that'll be all she wrote in the LAF.

All the models get a F IMBY. Extra credit to the hires models who were the absolute worst.

same here but that goes for every storm. As I mentioned yesterday, do not get me wrong. I am not complaining that the models screw me. Undeniably I have been on the good side of model busts much more than the bad side in the last 2 years. But regardless, almost every event is poorly, poorly modeled here.

Does look like I will get a snowpack refresher graze job though.

About the same here. 2" to maybe a few 3" lollipops someplace. We didn't even make the low end of the forecast.

We're not very good at snow anymore. 

Last gasp snows doing well here right now, naturally. :D

METAR KLAF 211454Z 00000KT 1/2SM SN FZFG VV013 M07/M07 A2994 RMK AO2 SLP145 P0000 60000 T10671072 50014

Archived