joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Snow Monday night/Tuesday 2/16-17/2015

famartin

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The radar in S/C PA is interesting and wasn't depicted by any of the models. It is actually heavier there than in most of MD right now. Sometimes in events like this the northern tier of the storm can see some banding....this might be the case here...

They sure can be.. I am NOT saying this will be similar but I'm sure everyone remembers the surprise eagles game frontogenetical band last december but absolutely dumped on the northern edge. They can be quite tricky but fun at the same time

**edit you beat me to it by 1 minute lol

They sure can be.. I am NOT saying this will be similar but I'm sure everyone remembers the surprise eagles game frontogenetical band last december but absolutely dumped on the northern edge. They can be quite tricky but fun at the same time

**edit you beat me to it by 1 minute lol

HAHA! We think alike, the band is continuing to get stronger, this is definitely interesting!

Just a heads up about that band in C PA.

US National Weather Service Pittsburgh PA

**9:00pm Radar Update**

A band of moderate snow (outlined in white) is currently set up between Pittsburgh and Morgantown and is dropping snow from just east of Zanesville, OH through Wheeling,WV, east to Latrobe, PA. This band is expected to gradually move south and east over the next several hours bringing additional snow accumulation for areas around Morgantown, WV and through the mountains of PA/WV/MD.

The edge of the snow (marked by the red dashed line) has crept north of Pittsburgh, stalling just south of I-80. From here, the edge of light snow will stay stationary for an hour or two before slowly retreating to the east-southeast. At this point there is very little possibility of accumulating snow near and north of I-80.

Archived