joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Snow Monday night/Tuesday 2/16-17/2015

famartin

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check radar, band is exploding right over central Montco. Not sure if they are "saturated" yet or not but once that column is moist enough all the way to the surface I bet you moderate-heavy will be reported.

I don't know, haven't seen visibility to the west much below 2 miles yet.

Is that 20-30 DBZ band reaching Allentown, PA now putting down accumulating snow?  I would think it would be.  That band has moved about 30-40 miles to the North while moving generally to the NE.  If the band holds together and maintains latitude, moving east along 78, that would give me some snow here in the Edison area (about 10 miles south of the northern edge of the current band) and hopefully give snow to folks as far north as the southern half of NYC/LI.  Of course, the band could fall apart or start edging SE, too - I'm not an expert in this, just looking at current trajectory and projecting...

Is that 20-30 DBZ band reaching Allentown, PA now putting down accumulating snow?  I would think it would be.  That band has moved about 30-40 miles to the North while moving generally to the NE.  If the band holds together and maintains latitude, moving east along 78, that would give me some snow here in the Edison area (about 10 miles south of the northern edge of the current band) and hopefully give snow to folks as far north as the southern half of NYC/LI.  Of course, the band could fall apart or start edging SE, too - I'm not an expert in this, just looking at current trajectory and projecting...

It is not snowing in Allentown as far as I can tell.

Archived