• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBS: Snow Monday night/Tuesday 2/16-17/2015

famartin

Doing great in Hamilton just got set up with a nice band as it begins to move more east north east rather then north northeast should get the full brunt of the band which should last another two hours. Expecting to wake up to a jackpot as the storm is seriously over performing my expectations and the ratios are great. I'm thinking that I might pull off around 6 inches from this. Congrats CNJ. Goodnight folks and good luck!

way to jinx us! :facepalm: but looking good right now, hopefully you are right

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All snow enthusiast...get out and take a walk or just browse around your property. Absolute pure snow...haven't seen this in a long time. I went out to take another drive and it's just super nice.

Light snow just went to steady mod....temps hanging around the 12.5F range...around 3" mark/

If I was back in Ewing right now, with the radar looking as it is right now, I'd be taking a nice long walk, at least an hour, perhaps 2.

As it is, I'm staring at my snow cam on my phone at work, while forecasting near-record highs AGAIN.

:lol:

I am pleased to announce that this snowfall has officially become the highest snowfall to date this winter, in my back yard!

Just went outside, I had shoveled off the walk about 30 minutes ago, and there's another 3/4" of new snow on it. Took an overall measurement and at 2.75" it eclipses the previous high of 2.4" set on January 6th. :)

Did not realize it had snowed that much in half an hour, based on visibility - must be those high ratios!

If I was back in Ewing right now, with the radar looking as it is right now, I'd be taking a nice long walk, at least an hour, perhaps 2.

As it is, I'm staring at my snow cam on my phone at work, while forecasting near-record highs AGAIN.

you are truly dedicated ray!!!

All snow enthusiast...get out and take a walk or just browse around your property. Absolute pure snow...haven't seen this in a long time. I went out to take another drive and it's just super nice.

Light snow just went to steady mod....temps hanging around the 12.5F range...around 3" mark/

Perfect!!

I am pleased to announce that this snowfall has officially become the highest snowfall to date this winter, in my back yard!

Just went outside, I had shoveled off the walk about 30 minutes ago, and there's another 3/4" of new snow on it. Took an overall measurement and at 2.75" it eclipses the previous high of 2.4" set on January 6th. :)

Did not realize it had snowed that much in half an hour, based on visibility - must be those high ratios!

YES!!!

btw... if KamuSquirrel joins you for your next shoveling experience, be sure to tell him to keep a low profile for that Hanover Bald Eagle :o

Took a walk earlier and probably will again within an hour...you would appreciate this type of snow.

Mod snow continues w/larger flakes now starting to mix in...12.4F..

Hunterdon-somerset-middlesex-western monmouth-eastern monmouth- mercer-berks-delaware-philadelphia-western chester- eastern chester-western montgomery-eastern montgomery-upper bucks- lower bucks- including the cities of...Flemington...Somerville... new brunswick...Freehold...Sandy hook...Trenton...Reading... media...Philadelphia...Honey brook...Oxford...West chester... kennett square...Collegeville...Pottstown...Norristown... lansdale...Chalfont...Perkasie...Morrisville...Doylestown 325 AM EST tue feb 17 2015

...Winter weather advisory now in effect until 10 AM EST this morning...

* Locations...A portion of southeast pennsylvania into central new jersey.

* Snow accumulations...3 to 6 inches.

* Timing...Fluffy snow at varying rates will taper to flurries from west to east between 8 AM and 10 AM.

* Visibilities...One half mile at times until about 7 AM.

* Impacts...This mornings commute will much slower than normal as cleanup efforts are underway with temperatures still in the teens.

* Confidence...There is a small chance that the southeast corner of pennsylvania will be upgraded to a warning around around 430 AM.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A winter weather advisory means that periods of snow...Sleet...Or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...And use caution while driving.

As of 1 AM or so, snow has become more fine but it seems there are more flakes so not much of a difference to ratios, in fact, they're probably just a little higher. Moderate snow with some heavy bursts for the most part here. Im don't certain about the amount of snow outside, but it seems like there is somewhere around 3-4 inches. Hoping school is closed today. Also, I really like that back end producing the snow and hardly moving. Hopefully this keeps us from having our storm end in just a couple hours. Roads are covered, salt not effective in these temperatures and with this snow.

Archived