Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 15-16th Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so before I head out for awhile.... this is how it looks to unfold for the I-70 crowd, assuming sr models are handling it well.

snow starts falling an hour either side of noon.   Light snow for a few hours.... then potentially a lull as the shield drops south for a couple hours...then snow backs in again from the southeast as the low tries to make a turn north before heading east.

As far as amounts.... 2-3" right along the corridor.    I think biggest surprise could end up somewhere CMH on east if the low makes it further north than thought.   OHweather should do really well down in OU country.

Checking in from Cincy-- started about 4 hours earlier than model suggested this far north; KY is going to get hammered and like some others have mentioned, they do not have the equipment to deal with it. Snow intensity here continues to pick up but still only moderate snow at this time---very cold, car temp gauge for outside got as low as 6 on the way in this morning.

Finally can exhale after being donut holed since November. Not clear on the official season total here, maybe 4" in early November....then another 2" scattered through the course of the last 2.5 months.

so before I head out for awhile.... this is how it looks to unfold for the I-70 crowd, assuming sr models are handling it well.

snow starts falling an hour either side of noon. Light snow for a few hours.... then potentially a lull as the shield drops south for a couple hours...then snow backs in again from the southeast as the low tries to make a turn north before heading east.

As far as amounts.... 2-3" right along the corridor. I think biggest surprise could end up somewhere CMH on east if the low makes it further north than thought. OHweather should do really well down in OU country.

Yeah, it's already snowing here which is a good 2-3 hours earlier than I expected. Granted its pixie dust for now, but looking at radar and amounts upstream and the short term models we should get into better mid level forcing resulting in a few hours of moderate snow with high ratios. I went 4-7" here and hedged north a little, and my write up went on our meteorology lab's Facebook page (no pressure!)...the north models are definitely working out. Expecting the high end of my forecast at this point if not a little more.

whatever happened to that poster from Paducah?....can't think of his screen name but he might have been a met/chaser, he use to post quite a bit. This storm made me think of him.

Was one of my favorite posters. still talk to him on rare occasions on facebook.

Here is his Facebook wx page. Has 35k likes if you wanna see his take.

https://m.facebook.com/beaudodsonweather

I see IND has been getting snow this morning, albeit light. Just snuck in there though, with the razor thin cut-off just to the north of there. :D

attachicon.gifind.png

Yep, barely a dusting at my home 4 miles ne of the Indpls city limits in Fortville.  Mainly grass showing.  Good to see southern posters getting snow.  And the Louisville WAVE TV station has lots of good live cameras.

I see IND has been getting snow this morning, albeit light. Just snuck in there though, with the razor thin cut-off just to the north of there. :D

attachicon.gifind.png

Big number out of IND..

1155 AM SNOW INDIANAPOLIS 39.71N 86.28W

02/16/2015 M0.8 INCH MARION IN NWS OFFICE

0.8 STORM TOTAL SNOW

Brings up the season total to 7"! :lol:

Very sharp cutoff, light dusting here in Carmel to nothing IMBY in Lebanon..

It's been snowing decently since 10AM with visibility between half and one mile here. Roads are a mess. Flake size has struggled much of the storm and only have 1.5" give or take. If we get into the better bands just to our south I'm sure flake size would increase and we'd accumulate quicker, but we may just get grazed by that.

It's been snowing decently since 10AM with visibility between half and one mile here. Roads are a mess. Flake size has struggled much of the storm and only have 1.5" give or take. If we get into the better bands just to our south I'm sure flake size would increase and we'd accumulate quicker, but we may just get grazed by that.

we must have inch per 10hour rates right now.  If we can keep this puppy going thru 10pm we might hit an inch

Archived