• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

Canadien brings light snow into the area around midnight...become moderate towards 5 AM...and tapers back to some light snows shortly thereafter.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS, NAM, RGEM look absolutly identical, gonna scrape the nyc area with maybe a few hours of moderate snows for Long Island, NE doesn't see much, looks like eastern Long Island has the best shot out of everyone

Light snow event. Hoping for a bust in a good way . Models have been terrible this year. :weenie:

What's the monthly total up there so far?

They haven't done that badly up there because of a few systems that mostly slid to the North of NYC.

Im at 50.2" for the year and thats about average for me. Im about 12 miles NE of the Monument so I would figure they are close to their average ( 55-60") as well.

Disagree with the RGEM at this range at your own peril. It's become the new Dr. No.

It has had gaffs this year, I'm suspicious of it this event because its so low down in DC...I'm having a hard time seeing that happen...it may be too suppressed on this down there, up here its not tremendously different from other models

It has had gaffs this year, I'm suspicious of it this event because its so low down in DC...I'm having a hard time seeing that happen...it may be too suppressed on this down there, up here its not tremendously different from other models

Honestly I can't think of one event it didn't really lead the way on. Regardless, more often than not, other models have trended towards it in this range rather than vice versa.

What's the monthly total up there so far?

They haven't done that badly up there because of a few systems that mostly slid to the North of NYC.

I was able to find the link to the data from nearby Port Jervis / elevation of the station is 198 meters or around 650 feet...it says they have received 14.0 inches of snow this February and 31.4 inches of snow for the 2014-15 winter...though the data from December 2014 looks suspiciously low. 

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/COOP/cat.phtml?station=PJRN6&year=2015&network=NY_COOP

One more decent southeast shift and DC is under 0.50" LE and NYC is under 0.10" LE. And with all the dry air to the North I wouldn't be shocked if nobody saw anything North of I-78.

It could easily shift 10-20 miles north or south.

A 10 mile shift is model noise. Not a trend.

I was able to find the link to the data from nearby Port Jervis / elevation of the station is 198 meters or around 650 feet...it says they have received 14.0 inches of snow this February and 31.4 inches of snow for the 2014-15 winter...though the data from December 2014 looks suspiciously low. 

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/COOP/cat.phtml?station=PJRN6&year=2015&network=NY_COOP

31" in Port jervis is a low number for them...I believe their lowest snowfall winter was 25" in 1972-73 but I'm guessing...

Archived