Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs for Long Duration "Winter Event" Feb 8-10

ChescoWx

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Iceman

Temp here has started to slide a bit down to 37.9 after topping out at 39.0 at 142pm. I still have 5" in flat spots near my Davis VP station but with the slopes on the property I have a range from nothing on part of one hill to that 5".....so I am calling it 3"

39.4 and overcast in NW Chesco with 4.5" at snow stake.    Looks like mid 40's aren't happening with the NE wind.

Cloudy here down to 45 now winds NE at 9 front has back doored through reminds me of April to June instead of February with q back door front

Funny you should mention this. I was seeing the backdoor front modeled a few days ago and got to thinking, like you, that this is a spring phenomenon. Makes me wonder if this might be signaling an early spring this year?

East Nantmeal Twp

Chester County Pa

Cloudy

Temp 36.9

Wind NNE at 4 mph

Unfortunately no early spring this year if you look at the long range.....same cold pattern right into mid-march. Still bet PHL gets to above average snowfall this year.

Funny you should mention this. I was seeing the backdoor front modeled a few days ago and got to thinking, like you, that this is a spring phenomenon. Makes me wonder if this might be signaling an early spring this year?

Yea why not Ralph early Spring.. look at the rest of the lower 48 basking in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and even 80s wow there is no cold air anyway west and southwest of here we should be lucky to be in the 40s and a stones throw away (350 miles )from  big snows..... all the cold is bottled for safe keeping in Alaska and Ohhh Canada.

East Nantmeal Twp

Chester County Pa

Cloudy

Temp 36.9

Wind NNE at 4 mph

Unfortunately no early spring this year if you look at the long range.....same cold pattern right into mid-march. Still bet PHL gets to above average snowfall this year.

Let's hope Paul but at the Airport right now only 3.1" or so has fallen the entire winter season so far and average there is 19-22" but as the saying goes it only takes one storm ALA 1983... now with that said with such temperature gradients showing up it COULD just be a matter of time till we get 1 Big Storm???

Let's hope Paul but at the Airport right now only 3.1" or so has fallen the entire winter season so far and average there is 19-22" but as the saying goes it only takes one storm ALA 1983... now with that said with such temperature gradients showing up it COULD just be a matter of time till we get 1 Big Storm???

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/PHI/CLIPHL

Archived