joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm potential Sunday-Monday, 2/8-9/2015

famartin

big temp ranges..

i'm only at 40.1f

with about a 3" snowpack

I have about a 2" glacier in the back, in the shade, but it's not thick enough to be on the move yet.

I have hopes for something out of this event, on the tail end tomorrow night. Hoping the upper levels can cool off before the precipitation ends. The model trends have been favorable the last day or two, and the cold HP in Canada seems to be pressing south a little more than expected. Like others have said, if anything frozen does fall here (besides freezing rain) it will be a win.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here in Media 46 53% humidity I expect nothing of consequence here in terms of wintry weather bring on the end of the week cold blast maybe that sets something up otherwise PHL is cruising for 5" or less of total snowfall this ye

I think PHL can manage an inch in the next 6 weeks, but we'll see

If any of the Mt Holly guys are around any thought to dragging the WWA down to cover the city? Even though it's a very light qpf event and the surfaces are warm now pretty much all guidance has trended to between .1 and .2 of ZR in the city proper. I don't think this will be a big deal personally but with this taking place on a Monday and basically no one knowing that things could be tricky on the side roads I was just curious if that's being discussed.

I just checked and I guess you guys listened :) seriously I must have missed it when it was posted. My bad!

That's quite depressing....hail Boston. The only thing at this point to make things better is a freak bomb snowstorm or a below avg temp Summer w/T-storms.

Are you kidding? After back to back cold winters and one cool summer already, I want a traditional hazy, hot, and humid summer this year.

Are you kidding? After back to back cold winters and one cool summer already, I want a traditional hazy, hot, and humid summer this year.

I prefer cold, snowy winters and hot, hazy summers with lots of thunderstorms.  But, if we got those all the time, they wouldn't be special.

Its super cold up here on long island. 23!! after 42 in the afternoon. I think ice is going to make it really far south.

The cold air has made impressive progress south - southwest. Precipitation is still hard to find down here which is okay for now. HRRR shows the radar filling in later on, we'll see if that verifies...

Latest Wxsim has temps staying in upper 20's all day but very little precip .06" of course won't take much to cause some problems.

Wxsim also has a couple of inches of snow by Thursday AM rush hour and the start of another snowstorm on Sunday AM with a couple more inches on the ground at the end of the current run period

Its super cold up here on long island. 23!! after 42 in the afternoon. I think ice is going to make it really far south.

It was colder than I thought it would be today (I thought my temp would be right around 32-33 all day, instead of upper 20's).  And we did get some freezing drizzle and light rain.  Certainly had some icy spots on driveways/walkways and side streets since mid afternoon.

Archived