Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was the one who questioned you about it, and I disagree that they look bad. The first two weeks are impressively cold. Towards the beginning of March, there are some signs that the ridge in the west may start to break down, but they also show signals of a more persistent negative AO and NAO, so I'm not sure that means warm (in fact, if you just look at the temperature anomaly in general, it's still below normal through all 4 weeks). In any event, if you've been following all winter, you know the long range modeling has mostly sucked anyways. The weeklies had us getting a major January thaw about 2 weeks before hand. We all know how that turned out. 

I really have a feeling that most people would be enjoying this winter a lot more if Boston didn't have 4 feet of snow on the ground.

Whats amazing is that most of us north of the NY/NJ line have 15-20" on the ground! lol smh

Agree with you, CH, and JC, if Boston wasn't dumped on people would appreciate this winter much more. Weenies gonna ween.

I'm certainly a weenie, I admit, and I am pretty snow envious of Boston, largely because I grew up there and wish I was living there now for mostly reasons other than snow, but cannot due to circumstances beyond my control. I have memories of being in the bullseye so many times up there, and I miss that. Anyways, our snow is beautiful out there and I am loving the current landscape. Was cool to see those ground blizzards today.

I'm certainly a weenie, I admit, and I am pretty snow envious of Boston, largely because I grew up there and wish I was living there now for mostly reasons other than snow, but cannot due to circumstances beyond my control. I have memories of being in the bullseye so many times up there, and I miss that. Anyways, our snow is beautiful out there and I am loving the current landscape. Was cool to see those ground blizzards today.

Dude, you're open and honest about it and admit it. That wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. All I'm saying is that I enjoy what I've got as much as I can but that's after years of letting the frustrations get to me.

I was just out with my brother checking out the drifts, pretty epic around me, bigger than the Boxing Day drifts. I'll post some more pics after I pick out the best as I took a bunch since I wasn't driving.

A couple of things, as mentioned earlier the photos make visibility seem better than it actually is. To try to give this some scale, I was riding in my brothers pickup truck but the photos with the plow while show just how big the banks and drifts are.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice photos. The first one with the sunset is great! looks frigid. 

Dude, you're open and honest about it and admit it. That wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. All I'm saying is that I enjoy what I've got as much as I can but that's after years of letting the frustrations get to me.

I was just out with my brother checking out the drifts, pretty epic around me, bigger than the Boxing Day drifts. I'll post some more pics after I pick out the best as I took a bunch since I wasn't driving.

Look forward to the photos and thanks for understanding. I by no means do not mean to be a downer in here and spoil the fun. Despite my gripes, I really am enjoying what we have. My posts have been skewed heavily negative, but I also feel very grateful for the winter beauty that has graced us.

Nice... Is that MGJ to your right?

Yep. One thing about the plowing, where he can he is actually off the shoulder of the road pushing it back as far as possible, see below, then there's other spots where he can barely keep the drift off the white line. They'll be out there fighting it all night long.

post-212-0-25446700-1424042918_thumb.jpg

Archived