e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM is over an inch liquid for everyone here. The mix line gets right to I-80 and the GWB. 850mb temps warm to -4C all the way up into the LHV but 700mb are a bit colder, espeically outside of NYC. Overall a good run for the interior but ratios would be much lower than what most people here are expecting. Maybe 6:1 or 8:1, especially for the coast.

The 09z SREF members are in fairly good agreement on a similar scenario. It's unfortunate that the surface low is going to track a bit further NW and allow for a secondary to develop further south before coming north.

This is going to be a thread the needle situation. It will be nice to see LHV and points NW get in on the action, but that cold air to the north is dense and will tough to displace. The models usually have a difficult time with eroding cold air. Going to be interesting to see this evolve. 

Someone will get rocked with that temp difference 50-100 miles north of NYC temps are in the single digits while in S NJ in the 40's

The strongest lift should occur just north of the mix line, so if you want to take the NAM at face value it would be quite the hit for Northern NJ and the LHV.

NAM is usually the amped up model as always, what is with the humping (not hugging) of every single model run, where's the 500mb analysis

Yea I kinda like that the NAM is still amped up which is it usually is towards the later part of its run... a tick south with this current 12z run would be great for the entire area...

The strongest lift should occur just north of the mix line, so if you want to take the NAM at face value it would be quite the hit for Northern NJ and the LHV.

Exactly, there will be an enhanced area of snow to the north of the mix line and south of where the sharp cutoff of precipitation is with the high to the north.

This is going to be a thread the needle situation. It will be nice to see LHV and points NW get in on the action, but that cold air to the north is dense and will tough to displace. The models usually have a difficult time with eroding cold air. Going to be interesting to see this evolve.

Yes, I agree 100%. I don't see this storm taking this northerly a track with such a strong pool of cold air in place. The primary will likely shift South with subsequent runs as we get closer to the event. Likewise, the coastal will likely shift somewhat South and east, imho.

Archived