joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Major East Coast Storm on Saturday Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be the reason why the model would show snow east on Long Island and rain for northern NJ (even as heavier precip passes over the same area in NNJ)? I guess the best dynamics work their way in once you head a bit further east and the low strengthens moving NE?

Storm is deepening there , better lift , better rates , 850s catch the back edge .

A lot of people probably see 4 to 5 inches of snow on the front . BL temps at the coast are 33 , so even if you get .5 inches of rain , its just going to soak into your pack and melt very much of it . So you will be shoveling cement in the end .

Then it freezes at nite .

Anyone wanna help me out here with the latest GGEM, I find it to be fairly accurate within 72 hrs, and it's changed drastically run by run.. It had a sheared off precip shield barely making it north of Manhattan, now it's showing a fairly decent shield with moderate to heavy snows North of rockland followed by a change over South of orange, then another back end dump.. Very confused

Ggem has almost .75" of frozen liquid for KNYC.

The 1 scary thing in this event that I heard one forecaster point out today is the chance of FZRA near NYC...winds are NE, the mid levels definitely warm, but if we wet bulb initially into the upper 20s to near 30 with snow, its possible it may be hard for us to get above 32.  I'm not too worried though due to fast movement...I think any mixed precip period will be short.

Archived