• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Coastal Storm This Weekend

IsentropicLift

Totally agree, I guess the winter has jaded me a bit so far.

CMC trended NW, Euro trended NW, Navgem is a hit, id say its been a goodnight, goodnight everyone. Interest to see the Ensembles and low locations of the EC.

Euro is a hit also. Especially for the coast.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said not to overlook the 24th threat. We might be making up our snowfall deficit in a hurry if the upcoming pattern plays out the way the models are currently indicating.

from where I stand at least we can all go to bed with a smile tonight and if one of the threats doesn't work out I have a strong feeling the other one will. This isn't that one model pony

Hey im just sayin I don't see a strong high in place for this one, im not tryin to poopoo on any parade, I want this to work out just as much as any one here.

Your somewhat correct it's going to be another thread the needle situation, if somehow it comes closer were probably screwed, the good news is I really don't see how it CAN come much closer, the approaching northern stream disturbance in Canada may still boot it out to sea, but again the system ejects from the southeast as the cold air source departs...if it's as deep as this though there is enough cold air to tap and pull down.

If it wasn't for the AO taking a dip I would probably discount this system. Pattern seems progressive enough to avoid a coastal or inland hugger though given how the storm may explode may still be okay. I think we may be looking at a rain to snow type situation because air mass isn't very cold but as storm rapidly deepens it pulls colder air in.

Gfs also shows signs of the second storm as well.

I know I'm just jumping the gun with the precip type talk but isn't this weekend system pulling a lot of warm air North with it? Prog charts look awfully borderline to my eyes and we haven't even pulled this close to the coast yet. I'm intrigued by this storm but I'm not loving the setup.....antecedent cold airmass is stale. Fresh cold air behind that pesky Low over the Great Lakes.

I like the 26-27 system a lot better.

What do you guys think about the weekend? Interior and elevation storm?

Wouldn't a storm of that strength produce it's own cold air?

Yeah but not initially, it may start as rain much like 2/813 did, that started as rain for a totally different reason in that it was a transfer from an inland low at first but this one could potentially do that as well if the current tracks or something close to that occurred.

It should if it's going to be as strong as the models are putting out. But its true it would be better to have a fresh cold mass.

It is what it is . You live at 40 N on the coastal plain and PT are part of life .The fight over the next 4 days will be is this so amped that some start as rain and go over to heavy snow . The European drops the storm 12mb in 6 hours and 19 in 24 so it has the look of a mature storm where CCB could develop and overcome a crap air mass

12 hours ago this really did not exist .  I will take my chances .

It is what it is . You live at 40 N on the coastal plain and PT are part of life .The fight over the next 4 days will be is this so amped that some start as rain and go over to heavy snow . The European drops the storm 12mb in 6 hours and 19 in 24 so it has the look of a mature storm where CCB could develop and overcome a crap air mass

12 hours ago this really did not exist .  I will take my chances .

Well said and I agree. Just wanted to ask a few simple questions to spawn some discussion :)

Archived