joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How often are you able to go west? I agree there's nothing quite as spectacular as the mountains. Hop in that civic of yours and explore!

these days, only one trip a winter. Still figuring it out this year but leaning towards the northern rockies in late march but watching the conditions. Was really was hoping to do the sierras or whistler but nino really isn't delivering. 

Idyllic. Excitement. Minnesota.

ZJgDyLC.jpg

I still stand by cold and dry being better than 34F and wet for being outdoors for any purpose in winter.

Here is my favorite temp range, by month.

December 20-29F

January     20-29F

February   20-25F

March 1-15th 20-25F

March 15-30th 55-75F

Anything between 32-50 is garbage during winter.

The sun angle requires a lower temp later in winter, in order to keep the snow powder.

these days, only one trip a winter. Still figuring it out this year but leaning towards the northern rockies in late march but watching the conditions. Was really was hoping to do the sierras or whistler but nino really isn't delivering.

Can't beat the Rockies! I'd live there but love my home state too much.

Here is my favorite temp range, by month.

December 20-29F

January 20-29F

February 20-25F

March 1-15th 20-25F

March 15-30th 55-75F

Anything between 32-50 is garbage during winter.

The sun angle requires a lower temp later in winter, in order to keep the snow powder.

March 15-30th do you move to Tennessee or what?

I don't know.

I'd probably dig having the trails in good shape till March 31st in all honesty. We can hang around 25-30F from March 15th through April 1st.

As much as I love snow, I'm ready to let it go by mid March. Once the sun angle starts competing, snow isn't as much fun for me. Exactly why I like front loaded winters.

Yeah, definitely going to see some issues out west.  Talking with my parents out in Oregon alot of the ski resorts are shutdown or very limited.  Hardly any snow in the mountains this year. 

Yeah, definitely going to see some issues out west.  Talking with my parents out in Oregon alot of the ski resorts are shutdown or very limited.  Hardly any snow in the mountains this year. 

I have a good buddy working a resort up in the Canadian Rockies and i guess they're having a great winter but yeah, CA is brutal. Especially since i had images of buried ski lifts in my mind with all the Nino talk late last summer.

you read about mount shasta ski park closing due to lack of snow?

Get rad.

ssnXwiD.jpg

I did but only by way of keeping one eye on how much of CA is gonna burn this summer, or well, "right now". Wheeler Crest between Bishop and Mammoth went up a week or so back and the photies were impressive. Looked even more like f'ing Mordor than is usual.

keep up the good fight mall-copping the banter and complaint thread

Some of the same folks who are off-topic would be up in arms if someone dared made a post or two about summer time weather/sports in any other winter weather thread.

Yet, when they do it with winter sports, there shouldn't be a problem. :lol:

Archived