• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
1/12 Possible Overrunning Storm

Zelocita Weather

I wouldn't be surprised if the coast starts as pure rain.. with a sw wind the temperature isn't going to drop much at all tonight. Our temps in western Nassau are between 35-36 and now with the sun out we'll probably gain another degree or two. So I doubt we drop below 32-33 if that especially with a sw wind!!!!!!!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if the coast starts as pure rain.. with a sw wind the temperature isn't going to drop much at all tonight. Our temps in western Nassau are between 35-36 and now with the sun out we'll probably gain another degree or two. So I doubt we drop below 32-33 if that especially with a sw wind!!!!!!!

NYC is at 33/10 currently, if they start with something like 32/28 (which is very possible) then they'll have a few hours of frozen precipitation before going over to rain.

Temps will drop after sunset. We had perfect conditions to warm up today. I'm not expecting much more then some mangled flakes and some sleet then rain with no accumulation. Not our storm. And our little "snow pack" took a beating today

I'm actually very doubtful that we get anything other than rain with some sleet and flakes to start. All of the models seemed to have trended warmer and went from a coating to an inch of to nothing, for the most part. All things considered, this is a good thing because we weren't going to get much to begin with, and I feel that the risk of freezing rain has been reduced (of course a good thing). The last little event surprised us with the 1-2", but it was modeled well by the RGEM at least. This one seems to have no support for much more than primarily rain (with mixing and accumulations far NW)

Yeah im sure they'll drop after sunset im just not expecting them to drop that much especially with a ssw wind. I agree with you this definitely is not our storm I expect mostly rain. We have some snow left here so I guess that might help temps drop a litte. Im sure the south shore is worse in terms of the amount of snow left and I thought I saw that some places hit 38 along the south shore. My location is 34 now with a dew point of 22!!!!!!

Friday's event was a totally different situation. There is no artic air for this storm friday was a clipper with temps in the mid 20's when the snow started in western Nassau. our temps this time are going be in the low 30's at best!!!!!!!

I expect to see the WWA dropped here during the evening forecast. Temps have stayed completely steady after sunset due to the onshore SW flow. As others said this isn't friday where there was enough arctic air around I overcome the onshore flow

I really don't know why they were issued in the first place. Forecast calls for a trace of ice. I never understood why a WWA can't be issued for snow unless you're going to reach a certain amount but any amount of ice can warrant it. I strongly feel Friday's commute will have ended up being much worse for the majority of the area than tomorrow will be especially in the city, LI and the coast.

I really don't know why they were issued in the first place. Forecast calls for a trace of ice. I never understood why a WWA can't be issued for snow unless you're going to reach a certain amount but any amount of ice can warrant it. I strongly feel Friday's commute will have ended up being much worse for the majority of the area than tomorrow will be especially in the city, LI and the coast.

Because a trace of ice is a lot more dangerous than an inch of snow.

Because a trace of ice is a lot more dangerous than an inch of snow.

Except it's not going to happen. You yourself said how rare ice is along the coast. We had a bunch in 94. I remember sliding down the street to the bus stop. Since then you can count the number of times on one hand. Maybe the hills of northern Nassau but that's about it along the coast.

Except it's not going to happen. You yourself said how rare ice is along the coast. We had a bunch in 94. I remember sliding down the street to the bus stop. Since then you can count the number of times on one hand. Maybe the hills of northern Nassau but that's about it along the coast.

I hope you're right.

Archived