joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Boston area gtg 12/22/14

weathafella

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Steve and Garth. We have at least one T pass (generic) in the house that we can use for both of you plus I have a senior pass that the T card reader will only allow for one fare every 45 minutes or something like that. I only use it Fridays. A buck a trip...not bad...lol.

I'll walk your though the urban jungle,,,lol.

Ok Steve and Garth. We have at least one T pass (generic) in the house that we can use for both of you plus I have a senior pass that the T card reader will only allow for one fare every 45 minutes or something like that. I only use it Fridays. A buck a trip...not bad...lol.

I'll walk your though the urban jungle,,,lol.

lol.

I am fine with cities.  Lived in DC and Boston.  I can bare with the 2.00 fare. It just seems that the newer fare system is not very user friendly to out of towners any more.  It was not just us that day, but many people at Government center who were trying to figure the damn thing out. 

Back in the day I knew Boston pretty well when driving, and had all kinds of places that I was able to sneak around and park at.

lol.

I am fine with cities. Lived in DC and Boston. I can bare with the 2.00 fare. It just seems that the newer fare system is not very user friendly to out of towners any more. It was not just us that day, but many people at Government center who were trying to figure the damn thing out.

Back in the day I knew Boston pretty well when driving, and had all kinds of places that I was able to sneak around and park at.

fare is above 2 now. I think like 2.20?

Ok guys I just scoped out the Brookline Village parking situation. Webster st lot has some spaces but also some restricted after 8pm for overnight parkers. Same for kent st lot. But of interest is there are tons of meters on station street, Kent street, Harvard street, etc. you don't have to pay past 6pm per signs and as long a your car is gone by 2am you're good.

I'll PM my cell and text me when you're getting close (within 20 minutes).

Ok guys I just scoped out the Brookline Village parking situation. Webster st lot has some spaces but also some restricted after 8pm for overnight parkers. Same for kent st lot. But of interest is there are tons of meters on station street, Kent street, Harvard street, etc. you don't have to pay past 6pm per signs and as long a your car is gone by 2am you're good.

I'll PM my cell and text me when you're getting close (within 20 minutes).

what if I drive all the way in,don't mind paying a parking garage

Let's do it.

Plenty of garages nearby.  Getting in may be a small challenge, but doable. No Celtics, or Bruins, so leaving will be pretty easy.  What do you think Jerry?

That works...probably free spaces around. So I'll meet you there but if you change your mind text me.

Let's do it.

Plenty of garages nearby.  Getting in may be a small challenge, but doable. No Celtics, or Bruins, so leaving will be pretty easy.  What do you think Jerry?

A little secret of mine is to try and park on New Chardon St. It's close to Fanueil Hall and I have a lot of luck finding meters there. I think it's meters until 8pm. Bring quarters.  It's the Holidays so luck might not be there, but it's worth a shot. Beware garages. The one near the Aquarium is a rip off. There are a couple near Fanueil Hall that are reasonable.

A little secret of mine is to try and park on New Chardon St. It's close to Fanueil Hall and I have a lot of luck finding meters there. I think it's meters until 8pm. Bring quarters.  It's the Holidays so luck might not be there, but it's worth a shot. Beware garages. The one near the Aquarium is a rip off. There are a couple near Fanueil Hall that are reasonable.

Another option is canal street or friend street. Connects between causeway and new Chardon and I've parked there sometimes when I'm dining in the north end.

Tonight's the night folks! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Looks like we have apm, Scott, Will, Ray and gf, Steve, Garth, Don, Bob (butterfish coming with you?), Jay, outside chance of Zeus, me. Anyone else? Come one come all!

The odds of me making it to this are basically non-existent at this point... the year-end workload is astronomical and I'll probably be at the office for the vast majority of the day. Then I will want dinner, sex, and sleep. And none of you can give me those things.

Have an excellent time, think fondly of me, and drink as much as is needed to properly celebrate the early spring now depicted on all models.

Archived