• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Boston area gtg 12/22/14

weathafella

We're one week out and ironically the timing is exquisite as a change to deep winter appears pretty likely now so we should have much to discuss. It will be nice seeing everyone!

I can evision a scenario in which I crunch toward the train with about 4-5" under foot, only too see grass grades begin to emerge as we pull in to Wedgemere station for a stop in Medford, prior to coming down the home stretch in the ride into N station...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can evision a scenario in which I crunch toward the train with about 4-5" under foot, only too see grass grades begin to emerge as we pull in to Wedgemere station for a stop in Medford, prior to coming down the home stretch in the ride into N station...

Ideally, as you get off at north station you walk over prancing to the cf that sits in the water just off the north end.

Don, you think you'll be able to make it in?  Be nice to see you again.  Been far too long.

I agree far to long. As of right now I'm a go, an early go. Kind of sucks not having transport and must rely on the T. Overwhelmed with issues at hand. A night out with friends is what I need. Discussing the weather will be a good diversion. Kind of wishing I still could drink (not really) to celebrate my passing into retirement and personal geographic climate change.  :thumbsup:

I agree far to long. As of right now I'm a go, an early go. Kind of sucks not having transport and must rely on the T. Overwhelmed with issues at hand. A night out with friends is what I need. Discussing the weather will be a good diversion. Kind of wishing I still could drink (not really) to celebrate my passing into retirement and personal geographic climate change.  :thumbsup:

Take down a few virgin cranberries.

Exactly.

I haven't drank in about ten months.

I applaud you Ray!

Maybe we can share a couple of virgins...oh that just doesn't sound right

Yea, man....winter break will be in session, but I'm sure there will be a few coeds lingering behind.

If Bobby quits being so fresh, maybe he can sit in the corner and watch....so long as we don't hear a peep out of him.

I should be there. If people could post when they are beginning to arrive, would be great.

I never offer a warning before I come, but I'm told that horses become restless in their stables, and birds take to the skies from their perches. So, watch for that, I guess.

baring massive city traffic we should be in town around 530. First time in a big city since 2012 I may have claustrophobia.

We can get to Brookline Village T stop and ride in, if you want.  By the time we get there, we can park for free in the lot.  Spaces are usually there at that hour.  Parking/ driving around Faneuil Hall will kind of suck, but we could get lucky.

We can get to Brookline Village T stop and ride in, if you want. By the time we get there, we can park for free in the lot. Spaces are usually there at that hour. Parking/ driving around Faneuil Hall will kind of suck, but we could get lucky.

New flash. Brookline makes you pay until 8PM. Not sure if the village lot is among the ones you can buy enough time (up to 5 hours) but you get a ticket and leave it in full view on the dash. Pretty cheap. Let me know when you'll hit the lot and if it's not too early I can meet you and we can ride in on the T. I'll walk by there today or tomorrow and read the signs.

Also, D line ends at Park St due to rebuilding govt center. But Faneuil is walkable from there.

Just a suggestion for Steve. He may have other plans. Plus since I lived up there they changed the way you pay for the train . Charlie or some dumb name like that. Last year I got in to an argument with one of the T employees because the instructions for getting one one way fare were clear as mud. I miss the days of the 85 cent token.

Archived