• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

But it doens't matter.. that "appeal" is decent to get winter back into the NP-GL-NE regions.  Could use a bit more cross-polar look, but that's what we would get from a truer -EPO.  Home grown cold should be sufficient tho, seeing as we have a well-developed cryosphere on this side of the Hemi -

Well you don't want it too cold or too much of a -EPO.  Besides the deep troughing in a pattern like that would climatologically favor the plains which would hopefully mean East Coast storminess. Combine that with the ENSO tendency of wanting to get the STJ going and it "could" be good. But, lets get the EC ensembles on board too..and lets get this within day 10. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate when they do this. Verbatim it's a little snow to start, but the airmass preceding is awful. I'm sure Steve will post some snow algorithm that is completely wrong to refute my post.

If the system comes out a day earlier this is snow to the coast IMO....remember the Euro tends to like hanging stuff out there too long so it very well may be a day earlier....the airmass this thing can tap in SRN Canada if it does cut under the ridge and transfer is more than cold enough I think, it just needs to eject earlier than the 12Z Euro shows.  If the system on the 17th blows up more that could help as well.

If the system comes out a day earlier this is snow to the coast IMO....remember the Euro tends to like hanging stuff out there too long so it very well may be a day earlier....the airmass this thing can tap in SRN Canada if it does cut under the ridge and transfer is more than cold enough I think, it just needs to eject earlier than the 12Z Euro shows.  If the system on the 17th blows up more that could help as well.

Well the different outcomes are one thing, but the output verbatim wasn't really an interior hit. It's silly to go over details at this stage...just nice to see something modeled. 

It even rains there. However, semantics at day 9 are trivial...I am just stating what it shows because one of us doesn't know how to read models.

It's an annoying solution for the thermal handling, no doubt - but, ur right.  It's moot at D9.  It's going to change, duh. 

One thing I will say, it's an odd handling relative to all in the geopotential medium, because you don't normally see type of phasing in the 40th parallel, when you see bona fide ridging poking up from the Caribbean into the SE U.S.

Now we're taking 925's verbatim on a day 9 model prog.. I've seen it all :lol:

Well you are taking the storm verbatim and then changing other aspects of the solution. I haven't seen the run yet, but I'd bet Coastalwx is right with it being warm.

It's a moot point so far out, but it agree that when talking about a specific model run verbatim that we should be truthful with what it shows. Maybe that would be colder than depicted, but it shows what it shows.

speaking of :weenie:

We are all :weenie: you should know that by now haha.

But in reality if you guys were always on the NW side you'd worry about QPF over p-type. We all have our stuff that is cause for concern. In SNE it's usually p-type, not QPF. Up here in the farthest area from the Atlantic in New England, p-type isn't the concern, getting precip usually is.

I love how Kevin posts an incorrect "verbatim" solution on the op Euro 9 days out... and when corrected that the "verbatim" solution is rain... he responds with a "lol"

Nice hit interior on Euro for the 21st

Last time I checked, it doesn't snow with 925 temps above +2C.

Now we're taking 925's verbatim on a day 9 model prog.. I've seen it all :lol:

Well you are taking the storm verbatim and then changing other aspects of the solution. I haven't seen the run yet, but I'd bet Coastalwx is right with it being warm.

It's a moot point so far out, but it agree that when talking about a specific model run verbatim that we should be truthful with what it shows. Maybe that would be colder than depicted, but it shows what it shows.

with a deep low pressure in Boston Harbor with the column solidly below 0 with an 850 inflow like this, yea I wouldn't worry, and no its not warm for you or anyone in the Greens, Berks at this point.at all

Archived