Newest Member
    Toothache
2014/2015 New England Snowfall Predictions

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifSEASONAL_14-15 .png

If a picture paints a thousand words then why can't I paint you!

Almost climo with bumpage across the landscape.

Reserving right to change on daily basis. All in fun and really that's all this is. A Met has more at stake but it would be fun knowing it's fun to put some type of overall numbers.  

There are no numbers?

Its a topo map lol

It could be a topo map Ray.

Also I put the obligatory disclaimer with rights to revise at anytime. To state a "fail" before 99.6% have yet to see a flake, well frankly speaks volumes. No more right or wrong than any other map or numbered totals.

FYI just to make it clear

It's a seasonal map, not the biggest snowstorm map.

CHILL man it's all in fun. 

I need to dispel a myth, what exactly do Mets have at stake for entering a weenie snowfall contest??? Like anyone will remember what they guessed 2014/15 NE snow totals would be? Many already have contests in other parts of the interweb, temp, etc etc etc. No one remembers or even cares.

Mets dont have anything at stake...go do a search...we've all put out amounts previously. I remember Ryan doing it a couple times anyway.

I think I've maybe done it 3 or 4 times...so not every year. Usually when I feel up to it.

I need to dispel a myth, what exactly do Mets have at stake for entering a weenie snowfall contest??? Like anyone will remember what they guessed 2014/15 NE snow totals would be? Many already have contests in other parts of the interweb, temp, etc etc etc. No one remembers or even cares.

Yea, I actually thought abou that as I typed that response....but I just think the idea of tossing numbers at something subject to so much variance at such an extended lead time just sense shivers down the spine of many pro mets.

Mets dont have anything at stake...go do a search...we've all put out amounts previously. I remember Ryan doing it a couple times anyway.

I think I've maybe done it 3 or 4 times...so not every year. Usually when I feel up to it.

When you feel up to it? What does that even mean? You have 42k posts.. Did you feel up to all those?

yep. There used to be a huge contest that TQ ran, dryslot won it once but back in the day it was populated by many mets.

great job Mr Roosta

Thank-you Steve for appreciating a 10 minute effort.

You know I've been working on these grid data graphics with XSECT. It's impressive, so impressive I might take requests for individual point A to B. The problem I'm finding is getting fragmented in so far as not completing a model cycle with a given variable. 

And I will be staying at a Holiday Inn in the not to distant future...     

When you feel up to it? What does that even mean? You have 42k posts.. Did you feel up to all those?

It means exactly what I said it means. Lol. :lol:

There's some years I never bothered putting out a snowfall forecast. It isn't important to me. If I am bored and look over some of the stats and feel the urge to make a WAG, then I've done it in the past.

Yea, I actually thought abou that as I typed that response....but I just think the idea of tossing numbers at something subject to so much variance at such an extended lead time just sense shivers down the spine of many pro mets.

there are contest everywhere in the Met community, no one is afraid to do it. Kev is full of it

There's some years I never bothered putting out a snowfall forecast. It isn't important to me. If I am bored and look over some of the stats and feel the urge to make a WAG, then I've done it in the past.

Let's do it another way:

BDL over or under 80 inches?

ORH Over or under 100 inches? 

What we really need from you Mr snow guru is accumulation maps from 12/13 and 13/14. I think your new hashtag shall be #snowghandi

attachicon.gifSEASONAL_14-15 .png

If a picture paints a thousand words then why can't I paint you!

Almost climo with bumpage across the landscape.

Reserving right to change on daily basis. All in fun and really that's all this is. A Met has more at stake but it would be fun knowing it's fun to put some type of overall numbers.  

I'd take it in a heartbeat.

What we really need from you Mr snow guru is accumulation maps from 12/13 and 13/14. I think your new hashtag shall be #snowghandi

I've actually gotten good deal done with the '12-'13 map, I just have to get the energy to finish it with all the smaller details. It can be a bit tedious on those.

I've actually gotten good deal done with the '12-'13 map, I just have to get the energy to finish it with all the smaller details. It can be a bit tedious on those.

I'm sure those take a ridiculous amount of time and effort, especially someone like you who wants to get it right and actually cares how it looks rather than some of those generic maps that have 20" increments.

• 1 month later...

Archived