mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Winter 2014-15 Med/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro pretty robust again with the late weekend system.  Down to 978mb near Peoria at 120hrs.

Impressive

A lot of the November pressure records in northern IL/southern WI go back decades...almost 100 years in some cases (in areas where they weren't broken by the Nov 1998 storm).  I'll post a list if the situation warrants. 

Looking past the storm for Sunday/Monday, the Euro looks interesting right after Thanksgiving.  

It sure does.  I can't see the Euro AO and EPO from Allen's site, but the maps look like a neutral AO if not  -, and a strongly negative EPO, at the same time it pops a se ridge, taken per verbatim it would share a lot of love over most of the area.  Kiss goodbye to a warm end of Nov if that verifies. 

after tday period remains interesting on the euro

in all honesty, most of the models don't hate the concept of something in this time period as well .... clearly numerous variances....but the timeslot is liked by most.

A quick glance at last nights guidance looks to be leaning pretty hard on a sub 990 coming up through LOT at some point late sunday or early Monday...Sub 980 would be fun to watch unfold and set the stage for the above mentioned post T-Day system

in all honesty, most of the models don't hate the concept of something in this time period as well .... clearly numerous variances....but the timeslot is liked by most.

A quick glance at last nights guidance looks to be leaning pretty hard on a sub 990 coming up through LOT at some point late sunday or early Monday...Sub 980 would be fun to watch unfold and set the stage for the above mentioned post T-Day system

I like the wave timing after the sun/mon event, no idea what it's going to look like but where all the past events so far this young season have been sure thing non-events, this at least has some potential.

12z Euro might be kinda ugly for many for Black Friday.  Lots of warmth coming northward at 216 hrs although the trough is still positively tilted so we'll see.

FWIW...the 0z Euro ensembles, or the ones that had a storm, were more wet than white for the majority of us.

Considering this weekend's system is really gonna shake the tree for our pattern I'm sure the modeled details for the black Friday system will be pretty useless for another 4 or 5 days....but at least "it" seems to have survived another lap of model runs...

throwing darts at the wall...but it wouldn't shock me to see the black friday system trend stronger as well over the next 3 days or so (that is of no benefit for me as that would make things less frozen)...but just darts for now

Archived