amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November Banter

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So which of you "real" weather enthusuiasts stayed up for the Euro? I was in bed by 11:00. I'm resting up. Josh said he won't sleep til April. I actually halfway believe that. Ha!

Not me. I didn't make the 0z GFS. Always have to get up at 5am for work and even on weekends can't make it much past 10pm. Now if there is a real threat(within 5 days), I usually stay up for the GFS but never the euro.

Not me. I didn't make the 0z GFS. Always have to get up at 5am for work and even on weekends can't make it much past 10pm. Now if there is a real threat(within 5 days), I usually stay up for the GFS but never the euro.

If there is a legit near-term threat, I'll stay up till 12 or 12:30. It's fun to wake up I'm the morning to 5+ new pages in the storm thread!

Just looked at all of the models and the 6z GFS looks pretty good throughout its run at H5. It even starts so show some good blocking. It was the only Op that looked like that though, so it's probably not right.

Who's gonna win?

Well, there were two little mantis mummies - that I saw - in the orb webs this fall.  I don't know how many others failed to cross the nets, or how many spiders may have lost the battle.  The spiders and mantis have disappeared for the season.

I sort of miss them.  It was pretty cool to be grilling on the deck and have the sun glinting off those gorgeous picture-perfect 6' webs in the understory and eaves.  They didn't seem to be bothered much by the smoke when the wind blew the exhaust their way.

Archived