• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's Start the Winter Off with a Bang

DaculaWeather

Hope yall have fun. Pictures would be a plus. Might pay for it next winter and the year after but for this to happen 11-1 is a good omen this year.

If this thing can overperform in QPF it would make for a really fun morning. Again SFC temps aren't there but seeing flakes on Nov 1...well can't beat that. 

Honestly that is a real possibility.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see you HT and thanks!  I am also worried about this.  The largest trees have yet to even change yet so this could turn into a mess up here!  I hope Duke/Progress is ready.

This could be a nightmare for Duke Energy for sure. The GSP Metro is also forecasted to get winds up to 55mph in gusts on Sat and that area is also part of the Duke system. Winds could be an issue for the entire Duke Energy area if thins set up just right. Of course it will be much worse in the mountains with heavy snow plus the leaves.

CLT gets close to snow, but it's still a little toastier than I'd like to see at the surface for snow. AVL on the other hand is looking like a good spot to be right now.

Got my go pro ready to do some time lapsing so I will try and cover this one full force.  Kid in a candy store right now, is it October or January?

How much wetter? And does it fall while the column is below freezing?

Sent from my steam-powered printing press.

Gives all of Buncombe Co. .5+ with NE Buncombe @.75 qpf compared to .25-.5 qpf on previous runs.  Column looks to maybe go above freezing at 2pm but back to freezing at 5pm I believe.  ETA Column looks to hover around 2c between that time period.  Possible it could be snow depending on rates.

Gives all of Buncombe Co. .5+ with NE Buncombe @.75 qpf compared to .25-.5 qpf on previous runs. Column looks to maybe go above freezing at 2pm but back to freezing at 5pm I believe. ETA Column looks to hover around 2c between that time period. Possible it could be snow depending on rates.

Wow ok. Thanks for the detailed post. When a system comes through at -5 sigma, you know it's gonna have surprises! I bet the models won't fully capture all of its potential. Certainly seems that wNC is in the crosshairs as the main 5h center goes directly overhead. Should be fairly steep lapse rates as well. Thunder?

CLT gets close to snow, but it's still a little toastier than I'd like to see at the surface for snow. AVL on the other hand is looking like a good spot to be right now.

Yea for sure. I'm not expecting anything more than a dusting on car tops at the most. Hoping we can luck out with a flizzard given the warm surface temps. I love the thickness profiles though they are making me very optimistic

Wow ok. Thanks for the detailed post. When a system comes through at -5 sigma, you know it's gonna have surprises! I bet the models won't fully capture all of its potential. Certainly seems that wNC is in the crosshairs as the main 5h center goes directly overhead. Should be fairly steep lapse rates as well. Thunder?

Certainly looks dynamic enough for you guys if this run of the NAM is correct.

Archived